New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello in Wisconsin

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 10:58 AM
Beginner
Default Hello in Wisconsin

Hi y'all. I am in Madison, Wisconsin. I own a 2001 Nissan Frontier supercharged "Desert Runner". Nissan produced less than 2000 supercharged 2wd Frontiers between 2001-2003. I also own a 2010 Dodge Challenger in plum crazy purple. I am, at heart, a muscle car guy, but think everyone should have a truck. A car is fun but a truck is necessary.

The reason I came to this forum? I work for a Quaker Steak and Lube here in Madison. We do a bike nite on Wednesdays for motorcycles and a car cruise on Thursdays for classic and modified cars. We are now trying to start a truck only night on Friday nights for trucks of all kinds.

When we started the car night, our attitude was (and still is) that it isn't about the cars, it is about the people and the joy. No car is better than any other, just different. I want to carry that attitude over to a night for truck enthusiasts.

The bike night has live music, and after 4 years now the car night does too. Once the truck night gets established, we will have live music for truck guys too.

I hope many of you like the idea of a place doing a day just for y'all. A place to bring your truck and meet other people who share your passion. Low riders, customs, lifted trucks, show, work or mud. I welcome all.