New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Noob here, with a bit of a dilemma..

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 11:59 PM
Default Noob here, with a bit of a dilemma..

Hey everyone. New to the forum. I came to ask a specific question. I have a 2010 tundra. Its a base model with few upgrades. I love it, awesome truck, with incredible power and looks great. With this whole recall debacle I am starting to doubt toyotas reliability. I'm waiting to see what the fix is gonna look like but i'm really hoping the pedal gets completely replaced.
So anyway, I'm seeing that GM is offereing 1k to toyota owners, and a dealership near me is offereing 14k on some 09 silverados. I'm considering making the switch if GM offers me a good price on the tundra and I can get an LTZ for about what I'm paying on my tundra grade.

Any thoughts, ideas, or opinions?

Old 01-30-2010, 08:15 AM
Administrator

I don't want to sway your decision, but you will find that this site is absolutely dominated by GM owners. I think everyone will agree to tell you to go for the Silverado. The main issues that my boss had with his Tundra were: ****ty posi-track, poor winter performance, warping discs, frame bending, and of course, the pedal thing. He sold it last week and went back to driving his 98 Ram V10 5spd until he could find a better new truck.

Personally, I will tell you to trade in the Tundra because... I absolutely hate Toyota, every one I've ever driven has only served to **** me off with all of the idiocies. Their vehicles are made for the person who does not know anything and does not care to know and just wants to get from Point A to Point B. But that's just my opinion; take it as you will.

Welcome to the forum by the way!