Off Road You go muddin' lately? Share your story. Is that ride of yours a rock climber? Show us in here.

help with lifting my new truck! is this a good idea?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 08:33 PM
Default help with lifting my new truck! is this a good idea?

is this a good set up for my 2006 silverado? its a 1500 z71. I chose this since it will not void my warranty on any work i might need done in the future and its alot cheaper! thanks for any feedback!

3" body lift
2.5" leveling kit
33" inch toyo open country tires

Old 02-10-2008, 01:30 AM
Default RE: help with lifting my new truck! is this a good idea?

good luck ive been asking about a lift for my 05 GMC 1500, noone has gotten back to me, so anyone that replys to this feel free to give me a suggestion to lift my truck about 3"

Old 02-13-2008, 02:33 PM

I think that will look pretty good. I have 33' now w/ no lift and am going to the 3" body lift when the weather breaks.iknow with my 33's i need more room so when i go off road i dont risk hitting the body. as for the warrenty ask a dealer.

Old 03-20-2008, 11:11 AM

Yea that sounds like a decent setup. Post some pics if you do it!

Old 03-23-2008, 06:01 PM

I just bought a truck with a lift kit and 33in tires I love it. I'm also 18 and beat the **** out out of it, got a steal on it so I guess it works out.

Old 04-29-2008, 02:45 PM

the only thing i recommend is go out and get the whole 6" lift kit, its better for your chevy in the long run. if you get the leveling kit for a chevy you are putting more pressure on the torsion arms and you are better off just getting the whole suspension re-done anyway. i was going to get the leveling kit for my silverado but i went ahead and did the lift just cause about 10,000 miles down the road i would have to re-do the bearings and bit and pieces in the torsion arm connections. i recommend a 6" RCD lift thats what i got on mine and it rides great i also recommend the Nitto tires cause they last a little bit longer than the Toyo

Old 07-08-2008, 08:36 PM

hey, im new to this but i fuigured i could help you out on the whole lift thing. Im 17, good with tools and had the money, time and patience to buy a 6" rough country lift for my 98 chevy K1500. I got the rear end on in no time, just had to do a little cutting of the U bolts cuz they were so corroded and a little pounding. If you have the knowledge and tools, i would say go for the whole 6 " lift kit. There are a lot of good brands out there that will sit high, and level. I dont think a 3" suspension lift, then putting a leveling kit on it will be harder than just putting a 6 inch suspension lift on it. I almost have my 6 inch lift on and i put the 35 12.50's on the back end to see how they look and they look sexy lol. I cant wait to get the front on. if you have any questions let me know and just send me an email. but idk where you live but i live in erie paand the nuts and bolts were very hard to get off so make sure you have some PB Blaster. I love that stuff probly as much as my truck cuz without it, this lift i got probly wouldnt be on right now. good luck

Old 07-11-2008, 12:46 PM

I ended up going with Keys and blocks instead of the body lift, I think it looks way better. I posted some pics on the main forum.

Hick, I almost bought that same lift for mine but I had heard too many bad things about rough country because they start to sag on ya pretty quick and they wont warrenty the parts that they say they will. I wish you the best of luck with it tho!!! Your pictures looked good, make sure you post more on the main forum when your done.

Old 07-12-2008, 12:06 AM

if i got a 3 inch body lift would people be able to tell that it is lifted above stock height.

Old 07-12-2008, 11:36 AM

I think they would.

Quick Reply: help with lifting my new truck! is this a good idea?