Truck Forums

Truck Forums (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   Can you believe this ?? This is Total B.S. (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/can-you-believe-total-b-s-13906/)

Worf 06-07-2010 04:12 PM

Can you believe this ?? This is Total B.S.

Ok I am going to vent here about something that I think is total B.S.

My wife, the kids and I went up into the mountains here in Southern Arizona, to do some exploring and play around with the four wheel drive in the truck.

We found a remote primitive road that leads to a place called Carr Canyon. We were having a good time no problems, about half way up we passed this group of guys on atv's all with guns they were just sitting on the side of the road, I didn’t think anything of it until a few mins later I realized that they started following me.

They stayed behind me all the way to the top of this mountain. At the top of this mountain is a campground.

When we stopped these guys surrounded my truck, we didn’t even have time to get out before they were on us. I had asked my wife to call the police before we even got to the top but we had no cell service up there.

Think of a + symbol with my truck in the middle and you can understand how they were around us.

Now all of these guys had guns. The one that came up to me told me he belonged to the American Border Patrol and demanded to know what we were doing up there and he wanted to see our " papers "

(American Border Patrol is a local militia group they are not law enforcement just a bunch of racist rednecks with guns)

I told this man that what we were doing up here is none of his business and that he needed to go away and leave us alone. He refused, and became hostile, and the racist remarks started at this point, spic, beaner, wetback etc

He tells me that he and his group are up there looking for drug smugglers and illegal aliens, and he needs to be sure that we are neither.

I once again tell this man that he needs to get lost since he is not law enforcement he has no power to ask me or demand anything from me.

(Now this man was supposed to be hunting drug smugglers who carry Fully Automatic weapons....this guys who was talking to me was carrying an old bolt action rifle with a scope along with a revolver in a holster on his hip. He was not equipped very well for hunting people who carry assault weapons, don’t you think?)

This man was still getting increasingly more hostile and then demanded that we ALL get out of the truck.

Right inside the door of my truck I carry my Glock 40cal. I told my wife and kids to stay in the truck. I got out and confronted this man with my sidearm.

This man points his rifle at me and says “let’s not have this turn into an unfortunate incident" I replied with” unfortunate for whom, you or me?

I told this man that his three buddies would be able to get me but not before I was able to put a bullet right in his face.

After several minutes of this standoff, these guys decided to stand down and left on their way along with a few more insults my way.

I found this whole incident crap, the racial tensions here in Arizona are way too high. This whole thing just boils down to some racist rednecks up in the mountains with guns who think they are god.

Mr_Shamrock 06-07-2010 04:41 PM

Damn man that sucks. I am just glad you all got out of there safe. That could have been real ugly! It is unfortunate that people still act that way. I hope you called the cops when you got phone service.

Worf 06-08-2010 10:05 AM

We called both the real border patrol and the local police. We pressed charges with the local police.

bsa_bob 09-22-2010 04:46 PM

That police report i think hit the 13 file. before you even left.In fact i'd bet on it.That really sucks man.Good thing you can stay calm, i am not good at that.Bravo!!----- man for not pulling the trigger.You could ruin a life time with your family it wouldn't be worth it.

jackson12 12-13-2010 10:36 PM

I think they just treated you. well by god grace every one are safe and fine. i think the police as to take an action against this.

GMCSierraFan 12-31-2010 11:07 AM

Oof... Sorry I missed this one.

I'm getting about sick of all this racial tension. It is what it is. If people would just mind their own frickin business we'd all be a helluva lot happier.

It's just too bad that people have to be this naive and just downright ignorant. I'm sorry this had to happen to you and your family

Worf 02-21-2011 01:46 AM

***UPDATE***

Here is a update to this story.

A litte while after this happened and after talking to law enforcement I hired a Lawyer. He looked into this group and discovered that they are a registered hate group. They are tracked by a group called the Southern Poverty Lawcenter

When we called the police this group denied having any people up there where we were and claimed that the guys we ran into were just claiming to be part of their group.

Our attorney was able to get ahold of some documents that show this group DID have a "watch" scheduled for that day. So they lied to the police.

We have moved forward with a lawsuit against this group for unlawfully detaining us, mental anguish etc..

It has been a long battle in court, I will let you know more as things progress.

julena11 02-22-2011 11:27 PM

Oh its god grace that you are safe.I really don't believe this.Its completely ridiculous.