Off Topic A place for you truck junkies to boldly post off topic.

Income tax!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 10:52 PM
Default RE: Income tax!

ThanksI put them 10s in there and I keep blowing either my amp or a channel in the head unit. I guess I should leave some things to the people that know what there doing. Im going to do an LS1 swap. Its pretty easy to do they even have kits. I cant wait to do it. It doesn't change the 50/50 weight distribution much because the LS1 block is pretty light (aluminum). Those heads made all the difference in the world. The stock ones were the worse design ive ever seen.

I didnt mean to hijack your thread I just got to remembering and missed her.

Old 04-06-2008, 11:45 PM
TruckForum Addict

Dude it's all good. I don't think anyone else even knows about this thread. I like talking about other people's cars too anyway.

Bout that system, I don't know much about them but a friend of mine knows LOTS. One thing he has always told me is you have to keep the amp pretty well even with the sub/s. Example: If you have a 500watt sub, you need to be using a 500watt amp or close to it by 100watts or so. Anything more or less than that and you risk messing one of the two of them up. I think if your running two subs the amp splits the power between them. So if your running2 500watt subs, you'd need a 1000watt amp. The multi-sub system theory I just blurbed out is a little fuzzy though cause I haven't talked to him about it in a while.

Old 04-07-2008, 12:07 AM

Yeah I got 500 watt subs and first I had a 600 watt amp blew it or it burnt out. Then the guy that was cutting my lawn told me I needed a 1000watts and told me how to wire the speakers right (there wrong in the pic) so I went with 2 500's and then I blew a channel in the head unit. I might just take it in but thats a long ways away. I plan on getting my LS1 on my way home. A friend has one for me in Tennessee. But I still need a trans and a rear axle. They say the t2's rear axle will hold but the n/a is sh*t.

Old 04-07-2008, 12:13 AM
TruckForum Addict

Dude, your only 2 hours away from me. When you get the ball rolling on that I'd like to come see that in progress!

Old 04-07-2008, 12:22 AM

I got to get out off Indiana first. I hate it up here!!!! I know when I get down there my truck is going to turn to rust once it gets in that salty air. I not looking forward to that. But when I do we'll hang out do some racing you can take the Saturn out.

Old 04-07-2008, 12:38 AM
TruckForum Addict

LOL, sweetness.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:44 PM

keep US updated!!!!!!

Old 04-07-2008, 09:00 PM
TruckForum Addict

Well first update....

I called the machine shop so many people have been recommending to me and was quoted about $450 for all the work on my head. Could be more or less depending on the situation they find. It sucks though cause I sat down at work today and tallied up most of the basic things I'd need and also added in the cost of the head. I got to $750(my budget) MUCH quicker than I thought I would. I covered most of the basics but the price I came to did not include vacuum lines, radiator hoses, a couple changes of engine oil, coolant, a water pump, head bolts, a new crankshaft bolt(if I replace it), and a few other things I'm sure I'm forgetting. That brings my total to something like $850-$900 I'm sure.

So, I guess it'll be done sometime next month.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:10 PM

That sucks! Cant you throw some of that out on accident at work??LOL

I dont know what happen to it someone must have stole it LOL Just kinding [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 04-07-2008, 09:22 PM
TruckForum Addict

As funny as that is, I would prefer to keep my job. Actually I just got keys to the store(for all intents and purposes a shift manager now). Only been there about 5 months and progressing nicely already. Hopefully, I can move right along the totem pole pretty quick like and start reeling in that moola.