Off Topic A place for you truck junkies to boldly post off topic.

liquidation sales maybe worth it after all

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 06:24 PM
TruckForum Addict
Default liquidation sales maybe worth it after all

so i went to a liquidation of electronics sale this weekend yes i know its all junk and cheap knock off stuff well
i went for the car audio and sterio section
they werent cheap knock offs they were the real thing kickers volfanhagen boss pioneer stuff like that yes they had some cheapo never heard of stuff like nitro cd players
well everything was half off or more

so anyway i baught me some nice stereo equipment for my car installed them today they work great
no this is not a spam bot or anything i was just in the moment when i posted this
and if your skeptical check one out

know i got my car stereo sounding a hell of a lot better then it did
and on to getting the burban looking good

Old 10-29-2011, 10:34 AM

There are always a few gems at liquidation sales...I go every once in a while to try and find good deals too.

Old 10-29-2011, 02:08 PM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

I went once - $8 to park, $5 to get in, and I found nothing but junk that wasn't even priced low. The 1,000 commercials on the radio made it sound like you could get stuff cheap - I went for a lap top and they were the same prices as Best Buy or Walmart, but the boxes looked like that had been dragged down the street. Never will I waist my time again!!! The kicker was right when you walked in there was this huge booth selling "solid 14K gold" chains for next to nothing. They HAD to be fake I'm talking a chain that would sell for $2000 was like $50 and when you picked it up it was as light as a feather. I asked the guy if they were hollow and he chuckled and said - read the sign these are solid gold chains. I lost all respect for that convention center for letting them crooks in to take advantage of people.

Old 10-29-2011, 07:25 PM
TruckForum Addict

Originally Posted by Mr_Shamrock
I went once - $8 to park, $5 to get in, and I found nothing but junk that wasn't even priced low. The 1,000 commercials on the radio made it sound like you could get stuff cheap - I went for a lap top and they were the same prices as Best Buy or Walmart, but the boxes looked like that had been dragged down the street. Never will I waist my time again!!! The kicker was right when you walked in there was this huge booth selling "solid 14K gold" chains for next to nothing. They HAD to be fake I'm talking a chain that would sell for $2000 was like $50 and when you picked it up it was as light as a feather. I asked the guy if they were hollow and he chuckled and said - read the sign these are solid gold chains. I lost all respect for that convention center for letting them crooks in to take advantage of people.
i seen the same thing with the boxes and stuff i asked about them they informed me that they were slightly damaged goods but every now and again there are some actual good electronics the one we had, had what looked to be like 10 year old computers and there ipods were made by a brand yakishira or something like that. they had a sign on the window sorry for the inconvienace but our truck carrying the ipods ps3s ipads and real name brand stuff had gotten into a wreck which i know had to be made up cause there werent any semi wrecks that weekend it would have been on the news or blasting over my police and fire fighter scanner radio but the car audio was real i ahd them checked out before i baught them

Old 10-30-2011, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mr_Shamrock
That sucks lol. The ones I have been too cost $5 to get in with no parking fee and usually have good deals the first day and the rest of the days are the junk products. The good stuff goes fast in my experience.