Truck Forums

Truck Forums (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   Ratchet Straps (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/ratchet-straps-19371/)

TheGambler 01-20-2013 12:49 PM

Ratchet Straps

I was wonder how many Ratchet straps are to many.
I have 16 Straps. I have given 2 to my mother for if she needs them.
I have 11 Main ones I use.
I have 3x 2" x 27' I have 2 J hook and 1 square and planing on getting a second
I have 4x 1" x 14' S hooks (I keep at work)
I have 2x 1" x 6' Retractable straps
I have 2x 1 1/4" x 18' 1850lb Wll.
I have 5x cheap ones I got at ALDI's

Now I keep a 2" x 27' in my car for encase one of my tank straps brake. But I was thinking of swapping out for 2 1" x 15' S hooks ratcheting strap and 2 1" x 15' s hook Cam straps. or Buying a small kit at walmart with 2 1" x 10' ratchet straps and 2 1" x 10' cam straps and swapping with the 4 set of straps I keep at work and getting a set of 4 1" x 10'.( I could use them to strap a tarp in the bed of my truck)
I don't know why I would need so many Little 1" straps I plan on getting four 4" ratcheting straps for my trailer 2 J hooks and 2 square I can pair up with my four 2" straps or 3/8 and 1/2 chain I want to get so. I don't know if I am going Nutz or just a towing hoarder.

what did you guys think?:confused:

In2Trux 01-20-2013 09:26 PM

THE FIRST STEP TO RECOVERY IS ADMITTING YOU HAVE A PROBLEM

Holly crap man you have a lot of straps. but to be honest, I think you got a perfect handle on it.
Actually I'm jealous.
I only have 4 each 4" x 27' ratchet straps for my car hauler. I want to get more assorted straps for axle straps and wheel straps
I have an assortment of 2" straps for my pick up. but having two adult boys that drive, my straps tend to disappear.

A good selection of good quality straps are always a good thing. Always good to be over prepared.
My wife would argue that, but.... That's a hole other topic and thread :)

TheGambler 01-21-2013 12:00 AM

Well I look at it this way I could be like some people that go out and waste their money on lottery tickets, tobacco, alcohol , or women. Or I could invest in something I can actually use and will last as long as I take care if it. There's an old saying &quot; it is better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it&quot;. <br />
<br /> I can always turn around and sell them. Don't ask me how many hitches I have
Plus this all started when I got one of those hitch racks and put some i bolts for anchor points and my bigger strap didn't work so I ended up putting a clevis through the bolt and used the bigger straps. I had two stacks of four tires on it.<br />
<br />
Oh and my obsession has to do with anything to do with trucks and towing. If it has to do with trucks I want to know about it. I am trying to learn the DOT regulations about trucking.

ItBeMe 01-21-2013 06:07 AM

Boy it is a good thing you are not a girl and have to deal with Bra straps. :D

TheGambler 01-21-2013 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by ItBeMe (Post 79145)
Boy it is a good thing you are not a girl and have to deal with Bra straps. :D

well if I had a girl on my arm right now I would be. As often as possible.

Diesel Dan 01-24-2013 10:47 PM

I view 1" ratchet straps as perishable tooling.
Lost count of how many I've gone through over the years.
Used to buy Keeper until the shipped production to china.
Found this site and might order a few to try out, TieDownSupply.com - suppliers of ratchet straps, tie down straps, cable ties, safety supplies, and more.