Truck Forums

Truck Forums (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   Ready For Winter (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/ready-winter-15037/)

GMCSierraFan 11-10-2010 08:36 PM

Ready For Winter

5 Attachment(s)
Recently mounted my Boss 7'6" straight Commercial duty plow to my 98 GMC 2500 pickup that I've outfitted with rear floodlights and flashing strobes.

Now that I've got the whole thing together, I'm getting pretty excited for winter!

Yeah I know the plow isn't the prettiest thing to look at, but I assure you it's very solid with no rust on it. In the spring I'll have the whole thing torn down, sandblasted, repainted, and rebuilt and she'll be good as new

Darylellis 03-03-2011 10:15 AM

Wow those are wonderful pictures of your truck good to know that you are rebuilting it and completely changing the body and giving it a new look ,that looks amazing all the best .

Mr_Shamrock 03-03-2011 08:33 PM

Damn man I missed this post somehow. I like the set-up - even though I like not needing the set-up even more!!! How did it work out this winter so far?

GMCSierraFan 03-04-2011 08:27 AM

It has worked fantastically... the first couple snowfalls were dicey, so I broke down and bought some new Cooper Starfire M/S tires for it and since then it's been beyond easy. I've taken on 12 contracts and it has already paid for the plow, lights, and it covers my gas for the season... not to mention the on the side cash I make.

We got a snowfall a few weeks ago of about 18" and I underestimated the truck. I was afraid that I would get stuck in middle of the valley on my .5mile driveway, but it just motored on through with no problem at all. I generally don't even put it in 4lo unless there's 6" or more

sarahhill033 05-26-2011 06:40 PM

Oh man, that's awesome. I am excited too because I just got a Tonneau Cover It's great for camping, I love it!

sarahhill033 05-27-2011 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by sarahhill033 (Post 67639)
Oh man, that's awesome. I am excited too because I just got a Tonneau Cover It's great for camping, I love it!

For some reason they deleted the link I tried to share with you guys. But for those interested I got my cover at BuyAutoTruckAccessories.com.

mercer_me 06-15-2011 04:02 PM

Nice truck and plow. Why did you only go with a 7.5' on a 2500?

GMCSierraFan 06-15-2011 04:29 PM

I basically stole the plow from the guy I bought it from... so I didn't really complain about the size haha.

I bought this model GMC because of the fact that the front wheelbase is 6" wider than the rear, which is fantastic for maneuverability with the plow. I'm able to turn and not worry about catching the rear end in a snowbank. It's a HEAVY plow as well (Commercial Duty) and I think with a larger blade it would probably be cumbersome for around-town driving.

I only do driveways and small lots... so the blade worked just fine for me

In2Trux 06-15-2011 09:19 PM

SHAME on you guys. Talking about snow plows in June. :)

mercer_me 06-16-2011 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by GMCSierraFan (Post 68373)
I basically stole the plow from the guy I bought it from... so I didn't really complain about the size haha.

I bought this model GMC because of the fact that the front wheelbase is 6" wider than the rear, which is fantastic for maneuverability with the plow. I'm able to turn and not worry about catching the rear end in a snowbank. It's a HEAVY plow as well (Commercial Duty) and I think with a larger blade it would probably be cumbersome for around-town driving.

I only do driveways and small lots... so the blade worked just fine for me

You should try an 8'. I bet you would realy like it.