Off Topic A place for you truck junkies to boldly post off topic.

Staying healthy while on long road trips?

Old 02-28-2017, 06:00 AM
Beginner
Default Staying healthy while on long road trips?

How many of you often go for long road trips? I love road trips and frequently go for trips on my truck. One problem I face is back pain after driving continuously for a few hours. Anyone else face such issue? What do you do to reduce back pain troubles? I have heard a lot of tips for staying healthy while on long road trips. I don't have any other big health issues other than this occasional back pain. But it doesn't hurt if you could share your health routine that keeps you healthy. Thanks!

Old 03-01-2017, 01:28 PM
Administrator

When I'm on the road I make it a point to try and stop and stretch about every 3-4 hours. When I do stop, I do not get out quickly- I've found that I have a habit of tweaking my back by moving too quick to fill up with gas etc.

One thing I have found that is nice is that most gas stations and truck stops are offering healthy alternatives to your typical hot dogs and junk. There's usually salads, sandwiches, cheese, boiled eggs, etc. If you can look past the donuts these are a good option.