Off Topic A place for you truck junkies to boldly post off topic.

Is there a moderator or administrator

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 03:54 PM

Well now what, Do we put Obama in charge and really screw it up. LMAO

Old 12-29-2012, 06:27 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by NullHead
Works for me. I've moderated/admistrated several forums myself. I'm familiar with the forums and their systems that run them in addition to the servers that host them ... I've configured/installed/implimented several web servers before to host forums and some other things.

If you've got the time, then I say you should be let loose to clean up the joint and keep things neat and tidy!

Well there ya go !!!! Why don't you try and contact the server at vBulletin and we'll nominate you as the new Admin and we'll be your loyal super mods.

Old 12-30-2012, 08:17 PM
TruckForum Addict

Well I appreciate the thought but I really don't have enough time to dedicate to being an administrator. I do have some ideas for the forum, but I don't have time to execute them. And plus I would like to have server access to upgrade the forum software and make sure things are secure.

Plus I believe the forum is hosted/owned by Internet Brands, which would hugely limit what I want to do with the forum, and it would not allow me server access. In other words, they'll host it, I just get admin privileges to the forum software. That's about it.

If I were nominated Administrator, I would do what I can, but changes that Moderators tell me need to be made wouldn't happen quickly enough for my liking. I can definitely say that this is a Chevrolet truck forum, and not so much of the rest. Personally, I think I would rather theme the site as a Chevy forum with sub topics for the rest of them. If we were to gather up more truck enthusiasts that specialize on Ford of Dodge trucks, then we can accommodate those forums appropriately.

Then again, do we really need another Fullsizechevy.com? Seems like this website is a carcass of what used to be a much more popular forum. We, being the 4 or 5 of us regulars are the only ones keeping the lights on. There are loads of google hits, which is where the spammers come from, but there really lacks some good forum posters to create content for people to come and read. Every forum has them, but this one doesn't. I actually consider this forum to be somewhat of a nowhere website, only because the only forum posts on here are from people who come ask a question and leave again. It's somewhat of a "ask a question, get an answer" type thing. We need people to come and stay a while, make some posts, talk to a few other people and talk about trucks and everything else. This is what the forum lacks, and what we need more of. I'm not very good at making posts to fire up conversations, but I can certainly reply and answer questions.

And I truly appreciate the loyal ones that still post here (You know who you are - for a while, it was literally just me. I considered just leaving, but somehow I keep coming back.

We need people to stay. That's the problem. Administrators, if you ever read this, we need someone to pay attention to this forum and help find a was to keep people posting here. Otherwise this forum is doomed.

Old 12-30-2012, 08:36 PM
Administrator

I think one key thing this forum needs is the knowledge. Some members that can bring good informative information that can help these fly by night visitor that come, ask their question and then to never return again.
I think many of them are possibly finding their answers else where.

I think if they find their answers here, they may continue to return.
CONTENT : The forum needs content.

I'am here quite often and for quite while each day. (semi retired) but I lack the knewledge to perform all those admin duties, like the forum updates. Or I would volunteer for the Admin job if it ever came available.

Old 12-31-2012, 05:38 AM

Well I am hear to help in anyway I can, But with this computer stuff I am only the floor sweeper.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:28 PM
Administrator

Good to know ItBeMe. The more help the better. And it's nice, you keep the light hearted humor in the forum. We need more of that

Old 01-06-2013, 04:29 AM

I'm willing to help in anyway I can. This is the only truck forum I ever visit anymore. I noticed that a couple of the moderators have email addresses. Should we try e-mailing them?

Old 01-06-2013, 04:30 AM

And I am actully pretty good with computers. I helped moderate one on the gun forums I used to visit, and have designed a few web sights in the past. Also took some computer classes in school.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by RustyFordLover
I'm willing to help in anyway I can. This is the only truck forum I ever visit anymore. I noticed that a couple of the moderators have email addresses. Should we try e-mailing them?

Go for it got nothing to lose and a lot to gain

Old 01-06-2013, 09:38 AM
Administrator

I've actually tried sending GMSierraFan (Kevin) an email. Still no reply
And I've sent Internet Brands Inc an email too. no reply yet.

Quick Reply: Is there a moderator or administrator