problems with my trailor light wiring on my truck or traiolor???

Old 07-29-2011, 08:03 PM
TruckForum Addict
Angry problems with my trailor light wiring on my truck or traiolor???

ok so today i went to a place that specifies in towing trailors and what not baught all new wiring for the connector
i wired it right all wires went where they were sposed to and have good conection to the plug femal end
i have the 6 pin plug
i hooked to my trailor afterwards to see if everything worked i have an adaptor as the traiolor is a 4 plug male end
anywhy the problem i am having is my left turn signal isnt working as well as the left brake light and left hazard
the marker light works but that is it
all my other lights on the trailor work but the ones i described
so is this an issue with my wireing on my truck or with the trailor
i am freaking stumped

Old 07-30-2011, 08:44 AM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

Start at the harness coming out of the truck and make sure the wires are getting the proper signal. If they are then move to the trailer and check it at the taillights. I responded to your other post and still think it is probably a ground issue. It could also be the left taillight housing. Pull that lens and check for power (running lights, brake, and turn signal). Sometimes you can just clean the terminals and grounds. Like I said in the other thread I ended up adding an extra ground point and mine has been great for a year now.

Old 07-30-2011, 03:18 PM
TruckForum Addict

it was the trailori contacted the owners grandson he sadi its allways been messed up i tested my light plug in today with a buddys trailor

Old 06-21-2013, 08:07 AM
Administrator

marksoldtowne your copying and pasting safety tips to AC household wiring
Your Electrical Utility Provider doesn't care if your over loading a circuit in your truck or trailer And there is no GFI circuits in trucks

Copying and pasting is helpful info. It is OK as long as your provide your source. Give credit where credit is dew.

Old 06-23-2013, 11:21 PM
Beginner

watch that you didn't get two wires next to each other mixed up.I did that by accident when the 7 way connector came loose from my suv. i still don't know why it blew a fuse in my uncles truck but not mine

Old 11-08-2014, 03:26 PM
Beginner
Default Have trailer light problem but don't know how to start new thread

I have a 2010 Silverado that the relay (apparently) is bad. Using a fluke meter, no power at the trailer connections, no power at the trailer fuses under the hood. Any ideas? And if it's the relay which RockAuto sells - where's the location? Thanks