Truck Forums

Truck Forums (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/)
-   Report Concerns, Make Suggestions, & Get Help Using The Forum (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/report-concerns-make-suggestions-get-help-using-forum-43/)
-   -   Please help me decide which truck is better:f350,ram,silverado (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/report-concerns-make-suggestions-get-help-using-forum-43/please-help-me-decide-truck-better-f350-ram-silverado-14938/)

lubee84 10-26-2010 08:53 PM

Please help me decide which truck is better:f350,ram,silverado

HI...
I am looking for a heavy duty truck 4x4 of course,turbo diesel,Basicly the one with a 4 tires in rear...I dont known nothing about trucks,i never had any trucks before in my life.I heard from some people that f350, and ram are better then silverado or gmc sierra... I need this truck for car deliveries arround my state(trailer for 3 cars)So what can you tell me which one is better,arround how many miles transmission can brake?
Thanks in advance

GMCSierraFan 10-27-2010 04:58 AM

Go with a GMC 3500 Duramax with the Allison transmission. That tranny is invincible... It's the same one they use in many dump trucks, buses, and other heavy equipment.

Depending on the year, the Ford is great too, but it's going to get worse fuel economy than the GMC. We get 18mpg with our 2500 while pulling a 26ft horse trailer

lubee84 10-27-2010 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by 92chevysilvy (Post 60998)
Go with a GMC 3500 Duramax with the Allison transmission. That tranny is invincible... It's the same one they use in many dump trucks, buses, and other heavy equipment.

Depending on the year, the Ford is great too, but it's going to get worse fuel economy than the GMC. We get 18mpg with our 2500 while pulling a 26ft horse trailer

Thanks for your reply!!!:)
For the Ford the year will be between 99-04,depence for the price and milage... Can you maybe tell me arround how many miles i should expect tranny to break??? Because i dont known nothing about trucks is like 200K is it lots of miles for trucks or not??? What i heard thats usually arround 200K you will need to change tranny??

lubee84 10-27-2010 06:25 PM

Any more people wanne help me out?? Please i need this heavy duty truck kind of ASAP. dont known which one is more reliable...

GMCSierraFan 10-27-2010 07:23 PM

I don't konw about the ford tranny's, but Allison transmissions do not break.

2001 Duramax 350,000miles. Original tranny (Not allison), flushed twice.

2004 Duramax dually 596,000 miles. Original tranny(allison).

2006 Duramax 100,000 miles original tranny (Allison) Hasn't been heard from yet.

Just a few examples. Its is undoubtedly one of the most reliable, well built, and heavy duty transmissions on the road. I believe that there is even two pto ports on the housing itself for heavier duty applications.

auto123 10-29-2010 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by lubee84 (Post 60995)
HI...
I am looking for a heavy duty truck 4x4 of course,turbo diesel,Basicly the one with a 4 tires in rear...I dont known nothing about trucks,i never had any trucks before in my life.I heard from some people that f350, and ram are better then silverado or gmc sierra... I need this truck for car deliveries arround my state(trailer for 3 cars)So what can you tell me which one is better,arround how many miles transmission can brake?
Thanks in advance

Hello, When you are looking for heavy duty truck, you can go for ram, which is good for deliveries. You can even get good mileage with this truck..