Truck Forums

Truck Forums (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/)
-   Silverado/Sierra FAQs (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/silverado-sierra-faqs-75/)
-   -   Electrical schematics ... anyone? (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/silverado-sierra-faqs-75/electrical-schematics-anyone-16587/)

dannyman 05-12-2011 09:27 PM

Electrical schematics ... anyone?

Jumping on board here with a Sierra 2000 5.3 short.

I've had a look around and may have overlooked or just not found it. I'm hoping to find a better set of electrical schematics for my newly acquired, not particularly well cared for truck. Haynes manual is multi-general (pun intended) at best.

Few issued so far include;
- the headlights are on at all times regardless of the switch position
- brake light "on"
- ABS light "on"

All General approved schematics welcome. :rolleyes:

Side note: the interior has an unbelievable stench. Will be heading to the professional detailers for a serious cleansing. Smoke, body odor, etc...:eek:
Any temporary cleaning tips before I make it to the clean-up shop? I'm already using the clothes pins on my nose. :)

Appreciate any and all responses.

Thanks; Dan

Mr_Shamrock 05-12-2011 10:01 PM

Daytime running lights - they should always be on. I think there is a way to bypass this - try clicking the E-brake down just one click. It doesn't engage the brake, but on some models will turn the lights off.

ABS & Brake light is usually and ABS sensor on one of the front wheels. You can sometimes clean them, but they will probably need to be replaced.

dannyman 05-13-2011 06:59 PM

These are not the daytime running lights. These lights are "on" whenever the engine is started, headlights and taillights. Doesn't matter what position the switch is in. Just not right! Switch is probably faulty.

Is there any good wiring diagrams that are available on-line?

Thanks for the info. I'll follow up with the front wheel ABS sensors.

Dan

P.S. First available mod:
I meant for this to be posted in the Silverado/Sierra forum, not FAQ. Easy to re-locate this over? Thanks.

Mr_Shamrock 05-13-2011 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by dannyman (Post 67203)
These are not the daytime running lights. These lights are "on" whenever the engine is started, headlights and taillights. Doesn't matter what position the switch is in. Just not right! Switch is probably faulty.

Is there any good wiring diagrams that are available on-line?

Thanks for the info. I'll follow up with the front wheel ABS sensors.

Dan

P.S. First available mod:
I meant for this to be posted in the Silverado/Sierra forum, not FAQ. Easy to re-locate this over? Thanks.

My 1998 has the lights on all the time too. Try the e-brake thing I think you might be surprised.

In2Trux 05-13-2011 08:56 PM

I yanked the day time driving light reply. DTDlights went out and everything else worked fine.
Read your Fuse and relay directory and start pulling stuff until you chieve what your trying to achieve

dannyman 05-13-2011 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mr_Shamrock (Post 67210)
My 1998 has the lights on all the time too. Try the e-brake thing I think you might be surprised.

Will do!

Thanks

dannyman 05-13-2011 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by In2Trux (Post 67213)
I yanked the day time driving light reply. DTDlights went out and everything else worked fine.
Read your Fuse and relay directory and start pulling stuff until you chieve what your trying to achieve

Will check this out!

Back to the original question which was:

Are there any electrical schematics available beyond the Chilton/Haynes manuals?

Thanks

Dan

TMW 07-24-2011 04:23 PM

You can try this place for erepair info. They charge by the week month and year.

Online Auto Repair Manuals, eAutoRepair