Truck Forums

Truck Forums (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/)
-   Street/Strip (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/street-strip-45/)
-   -   how to beat a hemi... (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/street-strip-45/how-beat-hemi-3965/)

72charger 08-02-2007 01:43 PM

how to beat a hemi...

I have an 03 Sierra single cab, step side with the 4.8Liter. What would it take to make it as fast or faster than a Hemi ram? Haven't raced one so don't know what the comparison is like but I'm sure I couldn'ttake one right now. Think with the ECU reprogram I could?

1fast4x4 09-01-2007 11:05 AM

RE: how to beat a hemi...

ORIGINAL: 72charger

I have an 03 Sierra single cab, step side with the 4.8Liter. What would it take to make it as fast or faster than a Hemi ram? Haven't raced one so don't know what the comparison is like but I'm sure I couldn'ttake one right now. Think with the ECU reprogram I could?
NO! Easiest way to beat a Hemi is to get a new Tundra, lol! Or you'll need some forced induction which won't be cheap.

72charger 09-02-2007 11:07 AM

Blah, blah, blah.... aaaaanyway..........

1fast4x4 09-02-2007 09:35 PM

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer! Or, use your Z28, your truck isn't the solution. You need more cubic inches in your truck, and to change that will cost big $$.

72charger 09-02-2007 10:57 PM

Bull crap... I guarantee you with a custom ECU tune (not a programmer mind you, a real tune by a professional shop) and what I have already done, I'll beat a Hemi. My truck is already quite a bit faster than it was when I bought it. The Vortec engines respond to modifications VERY well.

And as for my Camaro, it has a blown tranny which is gonna cost me $1,500 to rebuild so she's on the backburner. But I raced 2 Vettes with it before the tranny started going out and it stayed even with them... actually the first one I raced(restored/beefed upStingray)I was gaining on but we were doing 85 in a 35 and I chickened out.

1fast4x4 09-03-2007 02:52 PM

Bull crap... I guarantee you with a custom ECU tune (not a programmer mind you, a real tune by a professional shop) and what I have already done, I'll beat a Hemi. My truck is already quite a bit faster than it was when I bought it. The Vortec engines respond to modifications VERY well.

And as for my Camaro, it has a blown tranny which is gonna cost me $1,500 to rebuild so she's on the backburner. But I raced 2 Vettes with it before the tranny started going out and it stayed even with them... actually the first one I raced(restored/beefed upStingray)I was gaining on but we were doing 85 in a 35 and I chickened out.
Get-er fixed and come on over and play with my 6.0L Goat!

72charger 09-03-2007 03:44 PM

I don't know what it will run in the 1/4 because the nearest 1/4 mile strip is 2 hours away. I know the couple I bought it from said they ran a 8.9 at the local 1/8 mile strip with 245's on the back. I know they weren't lieing to me either cause I've known them for a long time now. Anyway, once I get the tranny overhauled and improved upon, I'll be beating that time for sure.

DamnYankee 01-24-2008 03:36 PM

ORIGINAL: 1fast4x4

NO! Easiest way to beat a Hemi is to get a new Tundra, lol! Or you'll need some forced induction which won't be cheap.
Forced induction to beat a Hemi??? That's funny. A 4.8 can stomp a stock (nothing was said about a modded) Hemi with a good tune and a few bolt-ons.

DamnYankee 01-24-2008 03:39 PM

Get-er fixed and come on over and play with my 6.0L Goat!
Isn't your "6.0 goat" sold? If not, I'll play....

DamnYankee 01-24-2008 03:43 PM

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer! Or, use your Z28, your truck isn't the solution. You need more cubic inches in your truck, and to change that will cost big $$.
Wow...I don't mean to single you out, but are you the fastest guy in your town or something? Hemi's are respectable to an extent, but quite (QUITE) easily beatable.

My last truck was an extended cab '03 Z71 (read: 4x4) Silverado with a 5.3 and a couple bolt-ons and Hemi's got boring....And I wouldn't call what I spent "big $$".