Wash and Wax We love our trucks, and we to clean them up. Post any tips or questions about washing, waxing, buffing, or what you do to prevent rust!

Whats the best soap or cleanser for removing water stains on glass and paint?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 10:36 AM
Beginner
Default Whats the best soap or cleanser for removing water stains on glass and paint?

Bought my wife a Equinox LTZ, gave it a nice cleaning this morning. but I see plenty of water spots I will need to do a deeper clean to remove. What do you all recommend as the best soap or cleanser to remove that?

Or will I need to claybar the vehicle and re-wax to take them out?

Any advice is appreciated.

Old 10-23-2016, 10:38 AM
Beginner

DSC_3778 by Alan Harkleroad, on Flickr

Old 10-25-2016, 02:58 PM
Administrator

Nice looking rig! You don't see too many of those in LTZ.

I guess I'm a little confused at what you're talking about? Shoudln't water spots come off easily just with a wash and dry? Can you take a closer pic?

Old 10-25-2016, 03:54 PM
Beginner

I sure will. The wife is at work and I am in night classes. But I will get a good picture in the sun with the spots. They look to be from prolonged sitting unwashed, typical build up. I am just trying to find a strong soap but wont hurt the wax/paint but if I have to clay bar the whole thing then I will. I will hate it the whole time but it will be worth it.

Old 10-25-2016, 03:57 PM
Beginner

Originally Posted by GMCSierraFan
Nice looking rig! You don't see too many of those in LTZ.

I guess I'm a little confused at what you're talking about? Shoudln't water spots come off easily just with a wash and dry? Can you take a closer pic?
Yeah she drove an LTZ, LT, and LS in 2014, 15, and 16. So we rode around in all the trims and past years. I have the Denali in my Sierra so she already knew she wanted the spoiled and pampered package. But did her due diligence on all of them.

I was surprised how much room there was inside and the move-able and reclining rear seats were a feature I didnt expect but was blown away with the technology in the car.

Old 10-30-2016, 02:01 PM
Beginner

So they were hard water spots from the previous owners sprinkler system which was well water fed. What did the trick was having a friend buff,condition and wax the entire thing with a 3 in one solution from Meguiars. I dont recall the name but its a light finishing wax with a polish and conditioner in it. Took all of it off. Looks like brand new now. Will take an updated picture.

Now I can keep it clean with the Gold Class soap and conditioner.

Old 12-27-2018, 09:34 AM
Beginner

Better to use dishwashing liquid and use it into the bubbles or completely dissolved form. It is better to avoid water stains.

Old 11-04-2020, 11:20 AM
Beginner

I use Meguiars compound with the orbital

Old 12-30-2020, 05:34 AM
Beginner

I use Gtechniq waterspot remover, it is an acid based cleaner that you need safety precautionary measures before applying it. You need to have chemical resistant gloves, face mask (to avoid inhaling the strong harmful scent). You have to apply on a 2x2 section at a time. Rinse with water and apply protection. It is safe on glass, body paint and ceramic coating.