Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 Silverado WT Driver's side door issues.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 05:58 PM
Default 2005 Silverado WT Driver's side door issues.

The previous owner of my truck installed tweeters and crossovers. I put them behind the kick panels to make the truck more sightly. This required that I uncouple a 9-pin connection. The door when opened was signaling lights and stereo just fine before I did this. After reconnecting the 9-pin and putting back the kick panel, the door no longer registers that it has been opened. Has anyone come across this issue or something like it?

The door lock (manual) is also broken... There was a period of time that the mechanism was simply difficult and took some work to get unlocked (with the key). Now it will not unlock from the outside at all. Are there any precautions or tips ? Im figuring that a plastic piece has broken or fallen out of place.

Old 06-22-2010, 06:30 PM

Never worked on the newer chevs but i imagine its similar style with a rod that connects the door lock mechanism. Is it possible that you put the speaker in the way of this mechanism. Was the speaker mounted low or high in the door. As for the door open indicator again not sure but the old ones had a pin in the door jam somewhere that would be depressed when the door was shut. Its possible its a different style (mounted internally) but my guess is a wire was broken in the install somewhere. Wish my wifes 07 was home i could have a look at that set up but shes making money to pay for the toys. lol

Old 06-23-2010, 12:05 PM

I wasn't clear but I did not install speakers in the door. Just moved the crossover to under the kick panel.

After thinking last night, i am fairly certain I know what is wrong with the door lock. I'm still up for and precautions when removing this vehicle's door panel and servicing the door lock.

I'm more concerned with the driver door not signaling the radio and lights issue. Its really annoying to reach over and open the passenger door every time i get out of the car...