Go Back   Truck Forums > Chevrolet/GMC Truck Forums > Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-16-2008, 05:55 PM

Default Temp. gauge not working

I have a 94 chevy 1500, 2+4, basic work truck no upgrades. I noticed that the temp. gauge does not work. I found 2 sensors/senders one with one wire below the knock senor between the spark plugs, and one in-front of the throttle body on top engine block with 2 wires. First I used a wire and grounded the connector with one wire by the spark plugs and the temp. gauge went all the way hot, so I figured the gauge was working. Then I checked the voltage between the 2 wires at the one on top the engine and got 5vdc with the key on. So I replaced both of the sensors/Senders and still the gauge will not move when I warm up the engine. What is going on? Does anybody know what could be the problem? Which one is the sensor and sender?

Thanks, Scott
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Truckforums!
Old 03-16-2008, 11:28 PM

Default RE: Temp. gauge not working

Quote:
Temp. gauge not working
Sounds like a wiring problem. That is the most common problem in Chevy parts. Temperature gauge for this Chevy is plugged in to the dash circuit board , 1st pull dash out,2ND you will see 2 connectors that go from the gauge to the circuit board one is the gauge signal the other is power use a test lite to check , in one the lite will go on (that power) in the other if you touch (W) ground should register full if noting tried putting some power on this lead if nothing happens you may have a defective gauge (always check if all your connections are clean and corrosion or rust free) Hope It helps
Old 03-16-2008, 11:28 PM

Tags
03, 08, board, chevrolet, ckt, colorado, forums, gauge, gauges, gmc, sierra, silverado, temp, temperature, working