Chevy/GMC Small Trucks Forum Discuss the Colorado, Canyon, Sonoma, S-10, etc here!

how about this problem

Old 07-19-2011, 12:18 AM
Lightbulb how about this problem

I have 2000 Sonoma 4.3 Vortec . Started with engine cutting out and lacking in power upon acceleration, eventually followed by code for maf sensor drove for a while and progressively got worse till couldn't get no higher than 3000 rpms and unable to drive without cutting out, replaced maf sensor cleared code.No more code issues but still has same problem, replaced fuel filter no improvement any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 07-19-2011, 06:35 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the forum Juicer

Old 07-20-2011, 12:22 AM
Smile glad to aboard

Originally Posted by In2Trux
Welcome to the forum Juicer
Thank for the reception, hope to learn as well as help.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:01 AM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

Welcome - check your fuel pressure first. It could also be the spider injection - I would pull the plugs to see what they look like. A couple of them are real fun in the S-10's.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:23 PM
Question

Originally Posted by Mr_Shamrock
Welcome - check your fuel pressure first. It could also be the spider injection - I would pull the plugs to see what they look like. A couple of them are real fun in the S-10's.
I had put new spark plugs in al ready before this happened will check any ways to see if fouled up but starts perfectly, also do you check fuel pressure with appropiate guage at the Schrader valve above the fuel inlet .I have a CSEFI system on this 4.3. The book I have gives a spec of 55 to 61 psi with key on engine not running and should decrease by 3 to 10 psi at idle.

Old 08-02-2011, 12:54 AM
Thumbs up how about this problem

Just wanted to give an update on this issue ended up being cat converter was plugged. disconnected ran perfect put on universal cat runs excellent, thank you for all the help people!

Search this Thread