Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

07 NBS Crew Cab Black

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 10:21 PM
Default 07 NBS Crew Cab Black

im new to this forum and was wondering if any body has any suggestions on what might look good and also give some better performance without voiding my warrenty keep in mind im going for the sport truck look

thank you

Old 01-17-2008, 10:30 PM
TruckForum Addict
Default RE: 07 NBS Crew Cab Black

That depends on how much moola you've have to spend. If money "ain't no thang" to you, I suggest starting off with a single inlet/dual outlet Flowmaster Super 44 muffler with some nice shiny pipes. Then I'd get a throttle body spacer(I recommend Trans Dapt's torque curve spacer) and a K&N air intake kit with the plastic intake tube. Then I'd recommend a Diablosport Predator programmer to top it all off.

For visual enhancements, I'd recommend atleast a 2/3 drop or 2/4 drop depending on whether or not you want there to be any "rake". Then some nice 20"s, a roll pan, and a cowl induction hood.

If you got the money for all of that I wanna be your friend.

Old 01-17-2008, 11:19 PM

Ihad that muffler set up but i had to take it off. I have Active Fuel Managment (AFM) on my truck and when it would go down to our cylinders it didnt sound good. As for the K&N and Diablo thoose were the first things I had in mind im not really sure what a throttle body spacer is or what it does for that matter hopefully with the reprogrammer I can turn off the AFM and put the pipes back on. Now for the drop I definetly want to be level but do you think that a 2" 4" drop will be low enough it seems like the new body style sits a bit higher than the previous modelI was thinking a 4" 6" on 22s but im affraid it might be to low also do you know if any of the itemsweve listed above will void my warrenty thank you again for any information you are able to give me i appreciate when i get it all done ill post some pics and numbers

Old 01-17-2008, 11:29 PM

Well i think that a programer will void the warrenty but im not sure. I have been holding out on that myself because im looking at the same problem I want preformance but I also want to keep my warrenty. Im pretty sure that if your have a GM certified shop do the lowering/lifting of you truck that wont void the warrenty. I know that an exhaust or CAI wont because I have both of them.

As for what to do for a sport truck look im not really sure im more into lifting and the off roading look but lowering it with some bigger rims sounds like a good idea to me. Maybe a Tonneau cover would look nice. I am a fan of 18" wheels i think they look the best on liftedand lowered trucks alike. That is what i have one my truck with some pretty good size tires. One think that i suggest for any truck is ventvisors over the windows.

Old 01-17-2008, 11:30 PM

hmmm... anybody remember how much drop cleatus had on his truck? i dont feel like looking back right now... anyway... a throttle body spacer is definitely a great bang for the buck mod... and like charger said i'd go with a trans dapt torque corve, its awesome

Old 01-17-2008, 11:35 PM

A friend of mine mentioned something called Dash Hawk anyinfo on that

Old 01-17-2008, 11:37 PM

here is a picture of cleatus' truck with a 4/6" drop from an earlier thread

and nope, never heard of dash hawk, sorry

[IMG]local://upfiles/3567/F8DF76D52F22477394CC361FD1A4B5BA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-17-2008, 11:45 PM

that looks awsome thank you much I think that drop on 22s will be perfect

Old 01-18-2008, 12:57 AM

no problem

Old 01-18-2008, 08:16 AM
TruckForum Addict

I think the nose is a tad low. I'd do a 3/6 drop after looking at that. Unless you just like the rake and don't ever go over speed bumps.

Quick Reply: 07 NBS Crew Cab Black