Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

07 silverado

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 09:25 PM
Default 07 silverado

Hi everyone
I am new here, I just bought my truck and it is doing strange things at the stop light. With brakes on it jerks forward almost like I was rear ended slightly. Has anyone got any ideas.
Thanks in advance

Old 02-15-2010, 09:40 PM
Toyota, Nissan, and Other Truck Forum Moderator

That sounds like a Throttle Position Sensor could be bad. But with a new truck like that, get it covered under warranty.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:36 PM

Hey, I dont know a whole lot that goes wrong with these new body style trucks, but I do have an 08 crew cab that has done the same thing. It was the slip yoke, it would clunk when stopped and did feel like you just got rear ended....i dont know how many times i looked in my rearview. Its all over these forums, but just in case you havent heard...

The slip yoke rusts and once it gets so bad it sticks and binds when you stop, soon it will start doing the same thing when you take off. Go to the dealer they will lube it under the 100k mi warr. with some "special" grease. The real fix is a nickel plated slip yoke. But most dealers will lube it first, then possibly replace it. They lubed mine 4 months ago and I havent had any issues since. Good Luck, hope I could help

Old 03-11-2010, 01:25 AM
Ford and Dodge Truck Forum Moderator

^^ X 2

And welcome to the site

Old 03-11-2010, 05:16 PM
TruckForum Addict

Who are you with in the 101st? I was transportation.