Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 silverado aufdio help

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 08:47 PM
Default 07 silverado aufdio help

how do you install an amp to the factory radio if possible at all, i have the 6 disk changer. do they have RCA's behind the stock radio? and also is there a tutorial on removing the radio?

Old 11-05-2008, 09:16 AM
Default RE: 07 silverado aufdio help

Word of advice, buy a new aftermarket radio. As far as I know there is no easy way to install a CD Changer on a stock unit unless the Bose Package radios have an adapter for one, or something like that.

With a factory radio you will need to run leads off of the rear speakers and run them into the amp. The amp will have a four pin plug with a four pin adapter that will accept the wire leads directly from the speaker wires. It looks like a 4-pin white square on the amp usually. You will need to find the wire on the stock radio's wiring harness for the remote wire. AKA the wire that only has power when the radio is "ON" and this wire cannot be a speaker wire. This wire, called a remote wire, is usually blue and is sometimes marked as "remote", "pwr ant" (power antenna), or just "ANT" ([power] antenna). Then you need to run a fused power wire from a fuse block or battery, and run a ground wire to something with, well, a good ground.

With an aftermarket radio, plug RCAs into the amp, then into the stereo. Match light blue wire (remote wire) to light blue wire (remote wire lead) on the aftermarket harness and run this wire to the amp. Run a fused power wire and run a gruond. Done!

Word of advice, use good quality, larger guage wire than what the amp requires. This goes for power, ground AND speaker leads from amp to subs. This way you get a nice clean signal, power and ground and if you wan tto upgrade you amp later you do not have to run the wires all over again.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:46 PM
Default RE: 07 silverado aufdio help

ORIGINAL: kurtp123

how do you install an amp to the factory radio if possible at all, i have the 6 disk changer. do they have RCA's behind the stock radio? and also is there a tutorial on removing the radio?
You will need a knock-down. Check with Metra for part number SNI35. 35w converter box from speaker wire to RCA's.

Sound quality will be equal to that of a After Market deck. However, you will not have any control over level of bass, or sound.

I agree with JCB. Get a new radio. Get better sound out of the speakers, and easier install for Amp and Subs.