Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

08 gmc 4.8l

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 03:46 PM
Default 08 gmc 4.8l

im wanting to true dual it with headers. will hurt anything to cut the cats of or do i need to leave it on? Also what headers should i use? My muffler shop told me not to true dual it because it wont run right and also not to cut the cat off. i was thinking putting headers on it and an individual cat on each exhaust what should i do?

Also what is the best programmer i could put on it to give me the most power and performance, and is a k and n cold air intake worth it?

Old 11-05-2010, 07:08 PM
TruckForum Addict

Don't true dual it. You will loose to much back pressure and it will run bad. If you want the dual look then do a single in dual out muffler. Headers you can do, but buy long tubes and a Y-pipe and still run the muffler set up as suggested. Programmer... I would just have you ECM tuned. Or if you really want a programmer I will sale you mine so I can get a tunefor my 04. Just PM me if interested. CAI... it is a matter of opinion. Next tiem I will probably just run a K&N in the stock box and get a straight tube, but I dolike the Deep Throaty sound of the CAI... like I said matter of opinion, but if i was to buy another one I would buy a knock off one off Ebay and just replace the filter evntually.

Old 11-06-2010, 08:23 AM

o ok thanks thats what i needed to know.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:16 PM

This is the same question I have. As for running the long tube headers and y pipe I got that but what about the cats? Any issues with throwing a code if the cats are deleted?