Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

09 sierra 1500 leveling kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 11:39 AM
Default 09 sierra 1500 leveling kit

Hello guys, just joined yesterday. I bought my 09 sierra about 3 weeks ago and I have noticed that it definitely needs a leveling kit. I have been looking on ebay for one since they normally have good prices. My previous truck (05 f150) had the same suspension as this one (up front) and I had a 2.5 leveling kit that went on to of the strut assembly. This is the traditional leveling kits for this style suspension.

The thing is that I have seen people selling leveling kits that do not look like this. These actually install under neath of the strut assembly, they install onto the bottom of the strut and it looks like a C.

My question is to the guys that have seen this before is which is better? The traditional over the top of the strut assembly or this other style. Also when I installed this on my ford when the front suspension was at full articulation the front upper control arm would make contact with the coil. Will this happen with this truck. From what I have seen I don't think so because the upper control arm sits a lot lower than the ford but I really don't know until I install it.

So please if any of you guys know, give so guidance.

Thanks

Old 07-29-2009, 07:12 PM

I am waiting for my 09 sierra to come in right now, but want to level it also. I was planning on using the one that sit on top of the strut, just makes more sense to me.

There must be certain models that would use one or the other, and that is my concern, I'll be watching this thread hoping for advice also.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:38 AM
Question

No, on this model you can use either off and that is why I'm unsure as to which to buy. Because they both do the same thing but the one that bolts in between the bottom of the struct assmebly and the bottom control arm looks like it the upper control arm will not come in contact with the spring assembly when its fully articulated (this happens with the top mount leveling kit.

please some one out there that know or has seen this give me some more info or guidence, thanks.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:56 PM
Thumbs down leveling kit

thanks everyone for you worthless help.

screw it i'll just have to put on my truck what i thinks will work better since no one here can bother to help a person out.

i mean whats the point of having a forum that people share information when none of you can answer a simple fuc***** question.

like i said thanks for fuc***** help.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:56 PM
Toyota, Nissan, and Other Truck Forum Moderator

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well worth raising your blood pressure a few points!! Sharing means we dont have to answer. Good contradiction guy. Now go on and play wit ur little toy little boy. We dont need that mess here.

Old 08-14-2009, 06:39 AM
Thumbs down leveling kit

don't worry about it, i will. I'll go and play with my little toy. but answer me this then whats the purpose of sharing facts and experiences when no one can answer simple questions like this one.

I mean if you guys can't answer this then i wonder what can you answer. because i know im not the first guy doing a leveling kit on gm truck in this forum but obviously im not worthy of answer. so either none of you know or none of you give a sh** about helping someone out.

which brings me to my point, thanks again for help (none). and see this is the same thing crap that happens all these mickey mouse forums no one can give you a straight answer cause no one knows it.

and don't get me wrong i'm and 19 year old punk and i hate expressing my self so bluntly but when i see things like this it just lets me what other members are made out of when they might know the answer but wont share. if thats the case then why even bother being part of something like this.

Old 08-14-2009, 09:51 AM

From what I've read about, the top strut extension raises the truck up 1.5", but you can also get a 2.25" kit that comes with the same top strut extension as well as the "c" bracket that sits on the bottom. So the "c" obviously gives outs another 3/4".

This is what I have noticed about the Ready Lift leveling kits, check out their website and look at the pictures of the kits. they cost quite a bit more than the Ebay ones but at least you get quality.

This is the kit that i'm leaning more towards now.

Old 08-14-2009, 01:53 PM

actually to tell u the truth i have a 3"2" lift/leveling kit in my truck and i like it but as to coming on here and asking about brands and what is better im not gonna answer it... everyone has theyre own opinion and people telling you one way or another could lead u the wrong way and im not gonna lead someone the wrong way... i would rather not lead anyone at all than lead em the wrong way... so if you wanna be a young punk and tweak cause noone answered ur question u need to have a little more maturity and need to leave the forum anyways so goodbye...

Old 08-14-2009, 04:00 PM
Toyota, Nissan, and Other Truck Forum Moderator

Well booster84, I dont spend a lot of day time on this forum. I work plenty of hours as well as others do. So dont expect an answer within a few moments or however long you expect. There are some people on here with some great knowledge and experience with different vehicles. I am always up for helping someone out, but you gotta chill and be patient. All Im asking is to understand the situation and dont be so short and just blurt things you dont mean. God bless!!!

Old 08-15-2009, 09:23 AM

snowboardman i was not asking about which brand or which was the best way. all i wanted to know was what you guys had experienced with the several kits. thats not leading someone in a wrong way. and my understanding on forums is that people come here and share comments and experiences and thats all i asked. the reason i kind of got mad is was because i kept seeing all the other inquiries after mine which were more complex were being answered and i though to myself, am i being ignored because i m new or because no one can give me or share an opinion with me.

and like i said i do not like expressing my self like this but, it was a combination of everything i was not in the best mood and i see my simple and humble question being ignored week after week. so i just felt helpless.

and if no one can answer it, then how difficult is it to say, "man i just don't know". unfurtionatly to an extent it took some harsh comment on my end to get answer. if i offended any one i apologize but i was not waiting for an answer for two days but for 2 weeks, and it cannot take that long for something like that when others are being helped with more complex questions.

i know anything i say after i made that comment will not change anyones mind about me but hey if i am not wanted then ill leave as quietly as i came in and above all with my head up. maybe i should have replied in a different way but i cant go back, so im out.

thanks kokain00.

Last edited by booster84; 08-15-2009 at 09:25 AM. Reason: mispelled

Quick Reply: 09 sierra 1500 leveling kit