Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

09 Silverado LS

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 04:12 PM
Default 09 Silverado LS

I just bought an 09 Silverado LS. I have seemingly unimportant questions but I cant find the specific answers on the internet:

(1) My armrest has storage but no cover. When the armrest is raised all the stuff falls out. Am i missing a lid or is this normal?
(2) I have no keyless entry. (or at least no fob) I have power locks and have seen many others with keyless online. I am wondering if the original owner simply lost the fob. Is there a way to know if my vehicle is keyless capable.

Thanks.

Old 08-02-2011, 04:45 PM

I'm thinking yes on both. In the case of the keyfob, I'd bring it up with the dealership and make sure they get it programmed to your vehicle. The lid for the box should be available through the parts dept at any gm dealership. Did you buy the truck from a gm dealer ?

Old 08-03-2011, 06:20 AM

I bought the truck from an individual. I guess I will check with the dealer to see if they can pair it with a fob. Thanks.

Old 08-04-2011, 04:16 AM

i have an 07 silverado LS with the new body style. its has power door locks but i lost the my keyless remotes that came with it. i went to my dealership to get a new one and they wanted $160.00 for the remote alone and another $60.00 to program it. your truck more than likely came with the keyless entry remote but the original owner must have lost it. i thought it to be a bit pricey to replace this little remote so i went out and bought a remote start/vehicle alarm/keyless entry unit and even had it installed, all for $220.00. so thats just another option for you. as for your armrest, i too have the same problem. i cannot believe that there is a storage area there and no cover for it. many times have i had it flipped up and all my stuff go everywhere in the back seat. im currently building my own lid for this area. i have the lid made. i cut a piece of 1/4" std. fir plywood about 1/2" bigger than the storage area in width and length so it'd be 1/4" bigger in size all around. i bought some fairly thin foam material, almost like a memory foam, and had that glued to the top of the plywood. then i bought some black vinyl that matches the color of my interior to cover the foam. i want it to look as factory built as possible. the lid looks good but i am having trouble finding hardware for a hinge and latch that doesn't look too bulky.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:47 PM

Thanks for the reply. I think i will invest $20 for a new fob from ebay. If that doesnt work i can sell it. I like the idea about the remote entry/start/alarm. I may look into that as well. I also like the idea for a storage cover. I thought of doing something like that myself but wondered if GM had a part number for one. Although they would probably want your firstborn child for a lid that is just as good as the one you are making. Hope it works out for you.

BTW: After some research, I followed the instructions I found for programming a fob just to see if I could if I had one. I inserted the key into the cylinder and turned forward without starting, pressed the odometer reset button to cycle through the options and found an option that I usually don't see otherwise. It is the option is to reset the tire pressure reading. Also, my RPO options include AU3 (lock control) & 5B5 (power win/lock package). Does this mean anything to anyone (with respect to keyless)?

Thanks.