Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2" drop on silverado. rear only

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 09:37 AM
Default 2" drop on silverado. rear only

is there a kit available for a 2" drop? 2000 silverado for the rear. thanks

Old 08-12-2008, 05:04 PM
Default RE: 2" drop on silverado. rear only

sorry but on this site we only lift chevys, not lower them, but you can probably look on the dodge forum

Old 08-12-2008, 09:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Chevyalltheway

sorry but on this site we only lift chevys, not lower them, but you can probably look on the dodge forum

HAHA, why would you ever want to lower a truck? Especially only the back?

Old 08-12-2008, 10:22 PM

My 08 had 1 1/2" cast blocks on top of the axle. I removed them and the truck sits level now.
Dale

Old 08-12-2008, 10:42 PM

what is up with all these kids dropping the *** end on all these trucks? does it really serve a purpose besides looking like absolute ****?

Old 08-13-2008, 10:42 AM

I just don't understand why you would want to make your truck LESS capable?! Can anybody explain that to me? I am all about making a vehicle more capable weather on or off road. While makingthe vehicle more capable add a little bit of style. Like when you buy new wheels get the ones that make the vehicle look better and you like better than the ones that are stickly for purpose and not looks. Under body lights belong on a rock crawler or trophy truck so that they can see under the vehicle at night, not to just create a glow of color from under there vehicle for example. Lowering a truck to get better fuel economy is fine in my book, but if it is just for looks then you need to get a car!!!!!!!!!!! As far as the jokers that are lifting thier cars just to fit 28-35" wheels and wrapping them in the smallest amounts ofrubberto make them fit are the most unpractical and dummest looking cars (and trucks)! Ok I am done with this rant!

Old 08-13-2008, 11:46 AM

So we have a party at my house in the city and I invite my redneck buddies down to drink. We were all sitting on the front porch when my neighbors kid had his (darker persuasion) buddy over. His buddy had a 95 or so Caprice Classic, candy apple red, dual exhaust, etc. Beautiful car mind you. But what killed it was the 26" or so rims and the 3" or so suspension lift. Needless to say there was a lot of "Hey is that thing 4 wheel drive?", "That thing got a Hemi?" "Does your welfare check pay for those wheels?" and "Why the hell didn't you just get a truck?" being yelled out from my front porch.

I love those guys! Ha ha.

Old 08-13-2008, 12:41 PM

dale, that's what i want to do. i want to make the truck set level with the front end.this truck has helper springs but if i remove them that only gives me a 1/2" drop. total hight of the springs is 2 1/4 " w/ helper or booster spring. my problem is the spring perch is welded to the top of the rear housing. i guess i could cut it off and reweld it to the bottom of the housing and set the springs under the the housing. i thought someone on this site may have done this before. i guess i'll be the first. thanks for the reply............coilpac

Old 08-13-2008, 12:54 PM

it's called center of gravity. this is a two wheel drive pickup. and it handles like s#*t with the rear higher then the front. so, two reasons why anyone would want to lower a truck is.(1) handling (2) looks. haha

Old 08-13-2008, 12:54 PM

I have done an axel over or under, that part is fairly easy. I thought that you were only looking to do 2". If you do an axel fromunder toover (which is the only way to lower the rear) you will end up with about 4.5-5" drop. Plus like you said you will have to cut it off, clean up the axel and weld the pirch back on the opposite side. Plus you will have to take into consideration the shocks, you don't want to over compress the shocks. After all this is done you will have lost the majority of your suspension flex, plus you load compacity will be siriously degraded. But lower it if you still want to, I am just trying to make you well known on what you are exactly doing to your truck. Good luck.

Quick Reply: 2" drop on silverado. rear only