Truck Forums

Truck Forums (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/)
-   Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/)
-   -   2010 Silverado ext cab WT no keyless entry (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/2010-silverado-ext-cab-wt-no-keyless-entry-13874/)

dimmuborgir6nik6 06-04-2010 10:17 PM

2010 Silverado ext cab WT no keyless entry

Looking to have keyless entry installed, any idea on how easy this process is or how much it can run me if I have a place do it for me?

Mr_Shamrock 06-04-2010 10:34 PM

Crutchfield has some nice kits. Do you have power door locks? If not it is a little more difficult but still very doable.

dimmuborgir6nik6 06-04-2010 10:44 PM

Yep, that's why I figured it won't be THAT hard. I've heard how much harder it is without power locks but I just hate having to unlock the doors all the time. Just bought the truck last weekend brand new with 5 miles on it so I'm sure the door panels will be real easy to take off and work with. Thanks for the reference and quick response though

duckhunt 06-04-2010 11:04 PM

Check out the crutchfield kits, good luck

corvetteOJ 06-05-2010 08:19 AM

I can share my story with you. Actually, it is pretty much the same situation. I purchased my 2010 Silverado WT, reg cab, short bed in April. It did not have anything but the old manual door locks. That got old after a few weeks. With my bad back, I could not reach the passenger door from the driver's seat, so I would have to get out, lock my door and then walk around the truck and lock the passenger door. I took it to a popular local stereo sales and installation store and they installed a central remote locking system for $298. That was the best money I have spent on it and so far I have put about $2800 in mods and accessories in it. I am sure most stereo stores would have the same knowledge and ability. Mine did a super job. I stayed with him the entire time and he explained every step of the process to me as he did it. All together, from start to finish, it took him about 4 hours but he was very anal about his work, of which I sincerely appreciated!!! Good Luck!!!

corvetteOJ 06-05-2010 08:23 AM

Oh, I forgot, if you have any questions, email me at CorvetteOJ@AOL.COM. I would be happy to help in any way I can.

restridge 06-05-2010 09:17 AM

I bought a kit from Pep Boys for my F150 for about $45. I took a look at the wiring diagram, scratched my head & put it all back in the box. I never got around to installing it & gave the kit away with the truck when I sold it. Then I bought a Silverado LT1 that had all that stuff. If you're like me & think electrical is VooDoo, do like the previous poster did & take it to lthe local stereo guys to install for you.

dimmuborgir6nik6 06-06-2010 10:09 PM

Luckily I do have electric door locks so I can close them normally with buttons from the inside, so at least I'm not upgrading to electric door locks, I just want keyless entry so I can just press my clicker and all the doors are open. I also hate electrical, but got a little more familiar with it when I installed KC lights on my Blazer. The main thing I hate about electric is you can't see it! When I get a day off I'm gonna give my sound guy a call and get a price from him. I got subs installed there and liked the work so I recommended my friend get her head unit installed there and they did a great job with that too and they're known for their keyless entry installation!