Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

2010 Silverado ext cab WT no keyless entry

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 10:17 PM
Default 2010 Silverado ext cab WT no keyless entry

Looking to have keyless entry installed, any idea on how easy this process is or how much it can run me if I have a place do it for me?

Old 06-04-2010, 10:34 PM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

Crutchfield has some nice kits. Do you have power door locks? If not it is a little more difficult but still very doable.

Old 06-04-2010, 10:44 PM

Yep, that's why I figured it won't be THAT hard. I've heard how much harder it is without power locks but I just hate having to unlock the doors all the time. Just bought the truck last weekend brand new with 5 miles on it so I'm sure the door panels will be real easy to take off and work with. Thanks for the reference and quick response though

Old 06-04-2010, 11:04 PM

Check out the crutchfield kits, good luck

Old 06-05-2010, 08:19 AM

I can share my story with you. Actually, it is pretty much the same situation. I purchased my 2010 Silverado WT, reg cab, short bed in April. It did not have anything but the old manual door locks. That got old after a few weeks. With my bad back, I could not reach the passenger door from the driver's seat, so I would have to get out, lock my door and then walk around the truck and lock the passenger door. I took it to a popular local stereo sales and installation store and they installed a central remote locking system for $298. That was the best money I have spent on it and so far I have put about $2800 in mods and accessories in it. I am sure most stereo stores would have the same knowledge and ability. Mine did a super job. I stayed with him the entire time and he explained every step of the process to me as he did it. All together, from start to finish, it took him about 4 hours but he was very **** about his work, of which I sincerely appreciated!!! Good Luck!!!

Old 06-05-2010, 08:23 AM

Oh, I forgot, if you have any questions, email me at CorvetteOJ@AOL.COM. I would be happy to help in any way I can.

Old 06-05-2010, 09:17 AM

I bought a kit from Pep Boys for my F150 for about $45. I took a look at the wiring diagram, scratched my head & put it all back in the box. I never got around to installing it & gave the kit away with the truck when I sold it. Then I bought a Silverado LT1 that had all that stuff. If you're like me & think electrical is VooDoo, do like the previous poster did & take it to lthe local stereo guys to install for you.

Old 06-06-2010, 10:09 PM

Luckily I do have electric door locks so I can close them normally with buttons from the inside, so at least I'm not upgrading to electric door locks, I just want keyless entry so I can just press my clicker and all the doors are open. I also hate electrical, but got a little more familiar with it when I installed KC lights on my Blazer. The main thing I hate about electric is you can't see it! When I get a day off I'm gonna give my sound guy a call and get a price from him. I got subs installed there and liked the work so I recommended my friend get her head unit installed there and they did a great job with that too and they're known for their keyless entry installation!