Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

4.3 to 5.7 swap

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 06:25 PM
Default 4.3 to 5.7 swap

Hey everyone this is my first of many post I'm sure.

I have a short bed single cab 2000 sierra that I'm thinking about putting a 350 in. I really want more power and would like to run at the local strip we have a 1/4 and a 1/8 around here but it would be for the 1/4. I'm not wanting to do anything drastic to the motor just new pistons, cam, heads, headers, and carb.

I've never swapped a motor and really want to any tips or ideas about this? ill post some pictures of my truck on this thread here in a little while.

Old 05-19-2010, 06:41 PM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

Sounds like a cool project. It will take a little wiring and fabricating, but can be done. I would recommend finding a 6.0 which would have come in your body style truck and will be a lot easier to get everything to work. It still will be a task so I hope you are or know someone who is a real decent wrench.

Old 05-21-2010, 10:49 AM

i thought about the 6.0 but I'm just not a huge fan of those motors. I've seen a lot of problems with them.

Here are some pictures of my truck. I don't have a grill on it right now because I got talked into hitting a snow bank going a little to fast LMAO...

Old 06-18-2010, 06:37 PM

If im not mistaken the mounts for a 4.3 and 5.7 are the same. As for wiring you mentioned going to carb instead of fuel inj so that part may not be an issue but there are alot of other wiring issues you need to consider. sensors etc... that sounds like a hot project and you have one hot truck to begin with. Just my 2 cents but smoking some of these guys with a 4.3 would be saaawweeet as hell and i know it can be done.

Old 06-19-2010, 04:39 PM
Default Ive done this before.

Hey bud ive been around these swaps more then once both in full sizes and s 10's. u will need v8 mounts as the 4.3 are set back further. ur tranny will fit the 350 but u will need a dif fly wheel i think. as far as the wiering just tape it all up except the oil pressure and water temp' u might need to change the plug but it will work im sure. just stick the wiering back to the fire wall out of the way. DO NOT CUT THE OLD HARNESS OFF!! it will cause issues. The fule pump will need to come out and the pump takin off and a house put on it the same length with a filter at the end. you must know ur way some around a motor im taking it lol. so all u need for a carb engine to run is gas and fire so just take a wire in the harness that has key power and attach it the the distributor. ur collant line are pretty much the same and as for a 350 not coming in a 2000 they did my buddy has one lol. so ull need collant lines of one of those once in and mounted it will work and work good.