Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

95 Chevy Silvarado

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 10:52 AM
Default 95 Chevy Silvarado

Hi... Can anyone help me with this issue. I just purchased a 1995 Chevy Silvarado 4X4 extended cab with a 350 motor. The truck is clean with only 87,000 miles and had only one owner. So here is the issue.

Around town it runs fine. If I go on the highway after about 5 miles the truck starts to hesitatate and chug along. Its like it starves for fuel and loss of power where I have to ride along in the breakdown lane. The check engine light does not come on. I brought it to the shop and he checked the plugs,cap,wires and fuel filter everything is new. He checked for any codes and nothing. He said bring it back when it does it again. After that visit I bought some seafoam thinking maybe bad fuel. Added it to the tank improved power to truck thought I had found the issue. Back on the highway same issue. If I stop and let it ide or shut it off and and let it sit then start again its like nothing is wrong.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:27 PM

check if the distributer cap is still good, and also the fuel pump bro

Old 03-03-2010, 09:40 PM
General Truck/Classifieds Forum Moderator

Sounds like the first thing that needs to be done is a fuel pressure test while the problem is happening....next I would use a scanner to monitor the computer while driving it also, so you get a "real time" look at what the sensors and ignition are doing

Old 03-04-2010, 08:03 AM

Check out this tread. Symptoms sound very similar.

https://www.truckforums.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=12707