Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98 chev silverado starts and dies, need help

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 08:22 AM
Administrator

That's great news that you were patient enough to solve that issue, and even better that you came and shared your discovery with us. Thanks for that.
If the plumber's glue fails there is always Spray on electric tape.
It is a rattle can that sprays a plastic type of coating. It's like Tape in a can.

If you shop ebay.... Find username "Modulerepair" even better > here is his link http://stores.ebay.ca/modulerepairpro/
I have bought from him before and he is a pleasure to do business with.
Contact him to see if he has what your looking for or if he can fix yours.
Highly recommended

Old 07-14-2015, 05:24 PM
Beginner

just thought i'd at lest try to pass on and help other people, the reason i used plumpers glue, is it is see though, as i plan to check every now and then, see if it is arcing or whatever, i just can not believe that even acdelco, just stopped making them with so many trucks needing them, why not have some other parts store sell them like everything else, lol. and if this glue fix dose last, which i'm still driving, lol. i can not believe the builder did not do that in the 1st place. as it's like oh really so i don't have to spend 250.00 for a new one, just 1.50 for glue? lmao.

Old 07-19-2015, 01:28 PM
Beginner
Smile up-date 98 silverado

ok, this morning the light would not go off and therefore it would not start, therefore the glue fix did not last, having found a used module in a junk yard last week, in a 99 suburn , i put it in tried the 10 min reset, 3 times, that did not work, so i left key on for 30 mins, and tried to start it, it did not, left key on for 30 min more, the light went off, tried to start it, it did not, so left key on a 3rd time for 30 min., the light went off in about 15 min, but i waited the full 30 mins., then turned key off for 3 mins., and started my truck, and drove around stopping here there and cutting it off and then starting it again and drove home,
it should be repaired now, if it is not starting in week, i'll let you know and cry for help.