Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AC Problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 12:51 PM
Default AC Problem

My ac unit is messing up. This recent sunday i turned off my truck and the ac unit was still blowing. Key out the ignition door opened after turning it off. I had to unplug my battery for a few min to make it kick off. It hasn't done it since. But going on for over a month now my ac will blow really low most of the time regardless if i have it on max or not. It blows the right temp! but the pressure does what it wants. Sometimes it won't even kick on, I have to keep hitting the off and on button a few times. It IS the digital system, no ***** all buttons. Any input would be greatly apprectiated as to what may be wrong. Also if you need any further information, Please ask I'll be happy to give it. I just want to fix this before the winter hits!

Old 11-24-2008, 12:53 PM
Default RE: AC Problem

By the way, It's an 05 GMC Sierra Z71.

Old 11-24-2008, 02:19 PM

I wish I knew what to tell you, but have no idea. Did you buy an extended warranty or does it have any of the factory warranty remaining? Maybe take it apart and see if there are any loose wires. Wish I had better advice for you.

Old 11-24-2008, 02:47 PM

Nah, i bought it used and stupid me i didnt get the warranty they said it'll cost me 50$ plus tax to just look at it. I might just spend the 50$ for the problem and research what i need to do to fix it. I always fix my own problems because i like to work on my own vehicle and save money because im a student on my own and i need all the money i can save!

Old 11-25-2008, 12:05 PM

try to break it down on your own and see if you can solve the problem. You can still get a warranty for it. Call your local dealer and ask about what they can offer. Just ask for the finance department and they should go over a few options for you.