Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

advice on LM7 engine mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 02:08 PM
Default advice on LM7 engine mods

So after a rather uneventful day of mudding, I blew the engine in my 03 chevy silverado 1500 due to water intake shattering number 5 and 8 pistions. I saw this as a blessing in disguise because I had been wanting to rebuild the engine. After 2 painful days of searching I found a shop in El Cajon CA, called super shops. They are now having the engine rebulit and heads redone as well as new pistons, rods, bearings the whole 9. they are slightly upgrading the compression to compensate for the new cam. The new cam I am having put in it is a crowder cam choppy idle stage 3. I dont have the part number off the top of my head. So the question to you all is I have the intake manifold sitting in my garage just either waiting to be rebuilt by myself, or sold to help get a new one. I have been looking at different racks, injectors, throttle body spacers as well as throttle bodies and I would like to get some ideas to start with the upgrades. I would llike a lot of horsepower, the cam will take care of the sound I am looking for, so basically I would like to know some combos of the fuel and intake system. Thank you.

Engine: V8 5.3L LM7

Old 03-07-2011, 03:04 PM
Toyota, Nissan, and Other Truck Forum Moderator

Really depends on that cam's profile. These LSX motors love breathing with the FAST Intakes. They are real pricey but proven to add about 20 hp just from the intake, so add that with a cam and headers, more power! With that I have seen guys use 8.1L stock injectors with a Walboro fuel pump. But like I said, depends on how big the cam is.