Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

airbag light

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 09:02 PM
Beginner
Default airbag light

First off i want to thank everyone who helped me with my misfires and other codes. i had my spider injectors replaced and the manifold seals replaced and it runs better than when i bought it. But i do have another problem. Awhile ago I put a body lift on my 96 silverado 5.0 and my air bag light came on. The directions said somthing about doing somthing with a airbag fuse or sensor but i chose to ignore it cuz i couldnt find it and i wanted to get started on the lift. has anyone run into this problem i think maybe i snapped a wire while lifting the cab. Anyone no where the airbag sensor is so i can check it out, im guessing somewhere in the front? I need to get it inspected and im not sure if it will pass with the airbag light on

Old 02-09-2011, 09:06 AM

You should NEVER, under any circumstance install a body lift on anything. Suspension lift is the way to go,and safer. Try pulling the fuse for the airbags and see if the light goes off. That might help you pass your inspection.

Old 02-09-2011, 11:27 PM
Beginner

i tryed removing the fuse by the driver door and the light still came on. I couldnt find any fuses under the hood that were airbag related. Im positive the light came on after the body lift so im thinking while i raised the cab something got snagged or a wire got pinched or cut or somthing. im ganna try and find the location of the sensor to look for an explanation. Thanks for your help.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:46 AM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

If you know someone with a scanner it will tell you which sensor is not making a connection. Do you rememeber which sensor the body lift kit said to mess with?

Old 02-12-2011, 02:32 PM
Beginner

i looked up the directions online to find out exactly what it said to do and my mistake it didnt say anything about a sensor it said take out the airbag fuse just so u dont set it off while doing the lift. I didnt take the fuse out while lifting it but i did try and take the fuse out like honestblades said and it wasnt blown. But im ganna try and find someone with a scanner like you said. Is it just a good obd 2 reader or a somthing different?