Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

another problem!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 04:47 PM
Default another problem!!

my transmission went out on me about 2 weeks ago, but coincedentally, the same day the tranny went out my engine started acting weird. at first, i thought it was bad gas. my mom bought bad gas the same weekend and it screwed up her jeep for a few days. after the tranny was back in, i ran through 2 tanks of gas plus cleaner, and i still have the problem. here's whats going on: the truck idles fine. it drives ok, most of the time. when you accelerate enough, the engine begins to misfire/backfire. but...it drives normal if you dont jump on it. if you accelerate enough, it will misfire, but if you stay on it, it will begin to run normal again. say, youregoing 40it runs ok, you accelerate to 50 quickly, and it runs crappy for a few seconds, until it fixes itself and runs normal. it only runs crappy when you accelerate quickly. the engine is about 5 months old. i put in a new computer and distributor a month ago. the fuel pressure is ok, i think. i have a regulator and it runs at 13-14 psi. there are so many things that could be wrong, im just tired of guessing. any suggestions? it sucks driving 60+ miles a day when it acts stupid like this