Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike or Wheeler

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 02:03 PM
Default Bike or Wheeler

So I am looking to buy something new. I have got the good ol summer itch. Here are my3 options let me know what you all think.

1) Off road Vehicle- Jeep YJ/CJ, K5 Blazer, or any other ideas. I am looking for something I can take on the trails and not give damn about. Something around $1500 or less. I dont want to use the truck because I need it to stay in good shape and running good.

2) Bike- CBR 600. Something to get better gas mileage and cruse around on.

3) Save my money.

What do y'all think? I am leaning toward #1.

Old 04-24-2008, 02:35 PM
Default RE: Bike or Wheeler

me personally Save your money. gas is going up and up and up and pay is staying where its at. im getting ready to buy a 96 saturn and the 06 Z71 is getting parked for awhile.

but then again you gotta have toys. i would go with a blazer, just because im not a big jeep fan, but either would be a good choice.

good luck with your decision.

Old 04-24-2008, 02:40 PM

get a street bike..or a quad.. something you can haul around in the back of your truck! !!!
save some money and dont blow it all.. but def get some toys! im hopin to get a street bike in the next year or so!

good luck!

Old 04-24-2008, 02:57 PM

Get an old style FJ crusier haha those are badass. If you cant find anything to do with the extra money you could always give it to me.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:33 PM

get the bike!! they're fun and 50mpg, cant beat that. im glad i bought one two years ago. a 95' cbr 600. and everytime you start that to go somewhere its one less time ur truck has to start.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:13 PM

Get a bike lots of fun and mpg's But think about were youi live and how other drivers are I used to bring my bike out on the road with me and people drive different every were I go. The worst ive seen is Chicago and Arkansas.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:59 PM

I can see you have never been to Utah. We have the worst drivers here. I actually thinkwe have an award for the state with the worst drivers. lol

Old 04-24-2008, 10:49 PM

No I sure haven't been there yet. But I will be sooner or later. I almost went there to build a power plant but I went to a party and got pretty trashed. They called the next day told me to go in and take a p*ss test. I drank so much the night before I was still legally drunk when I went in. I thought I sleep it off but it was still in my blood. So I didnt get the job but im sure ill get another chance. I just hope its not winter when I do go.

Old 04-25-2008, 08:27 AM

Thanks for your opinions. Ill be looking around to see what I can get a deal on. Ill let you guys know what i do. I just found a newer style Blazer for $1000 that has some minor problems because it was used as a wheeler so I am going to go look at it today and see what the full story is. Here is the add.

Body is OK and 4x4 works but needs an actuator switch. Engine has been replaced with one purchased from a reputable junkyard downriver that has about 80k miles on it, but runs fine. Here is what it needs:
1) A new brake line has been put on the rear brakes and it need to be bled
2) No radiator cap
3) No oil dipstick
4) Interior headliner is gone
5) No turnsignals (no lever)...and plastic steering column cover where turnsignal lever is located is missing (comes with new signal assembly)
6) Old exhaust system needs to be put on, but needs a new Y pipe
7) Right rear tire has a slow leak and needs a new valve stem
8) Cracked windshield

Most of the issues are small and easy to fixor I dont care about because I wont drive it on the road anyway. Dont need headliner, could care less about the windsheild, I would cut offthe exhaust, dont need signals.

Old 04-25-2008, 09:01 AM

Just look at the trans, differential, axles, and the frame make sure it all good and hell yeah 1000 bucks if you got it go for it.