Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Bilsteins'

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 05:53 PM
Default Bilsteins'

My stock z71 shocks arent cutting it anymore and make a honk noise whenever they are compressed or decompressed so ive done some research and im going all out and getting all 4 new Bilsteins'. My question is, will it be easy to replace my front shocks with the control arms on there, I havent really examined it so im just seeing if anyone knows for sure. Thanks!

Old 01-03-2008, 05:58 PM
TruckForum Addict
Default RE: Bilsteins'

I just replaced all four of mine on my 05 and it was so easy.

Old 01-03-2008, 06:02 PM

Ok cool, I figured you could just compress em up over the lower control arm and let em drop out. Thanks man!

Old 01-03-2008, 06:06 PM
TruckForum Addict

Yep i took the tire out and then lifted it with a jack to work the front one in. The back i just jacked the center up and took the old one off and then put the top in and cut the strap and let it easy down into place. Easier then i thought it would be. I went with the reflex monroe shocks.

Old 01-03-2008, 07:03 PM

Cowboy - mine was making that noise when under waranty, and they replaced the rubber ends on the shocks and that fixed it. It is now back again after 40k more miles.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:57 PM

i did all 4 of mine about a month ago.... simple. i didnt even need to jack up the fronts. i went with monroe reflexs tho. i love how stiff they are and how they handle on turns.

Old 02-05-2009, 12:29 AM

ORIGINAL: Chevycowboy

My stock z71 shocks arent cutting it anymore and make a honk noise whenever they are compressed or decompressed so ive done some research and im going all out and getting all 4 new Bilsteins'. My question is, will it be easy to replace my front shocks with the control arms on there, I havent really examined it so im just seeing if anyone knows for sure. Thanks!
I'm just curious, what Bilsteins did you end up going with?
You say you are going all out after some research, and going with Bilsteins... But the stock OEM Z71 shocksare Bilsteins...

Just wondering, I'm about ready to replace my OEM Bilsteins so I'm looking for some opinions.