Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bit the Bullet

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 12:29 PM
Default RE: Bit the Bullet

ive been reading on it and apparently i have to take it back to GM for $90 to get it done, the only thing is it voids my warrenty, though ive only got warrenty till Jan 09 so i dont really care at the moment.

ill let yall know if there is a big difference or not,should be in tomorrow

Old 07-08-2008, 07:17 AM

"Out for delivery @ 4am" cant wait, hoping i can get it installed during lunch today. im going to drive around for 20-30 miles tonight just to get it adjusted to the truck and all. (i know, big waste of gas) just dont wont to put it in and just stomp it.

will let yall know how the tune is.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:40 AM

Hopefully you'll like it. I've been thinking about it for my new 08 but I don't want to void my warranty...hell it just started last week!!

Old 07-08-2008, 10:29 AM

Id say keep your factory pcm and switch it when you take it in for warrenty, it isnt that hard to do. at least on my truck.

im just hoping i dont have to do the whole Crankshaft relearn procedure. its going to cost about $100.

Old 07-08-2008, 10:29 AM

It takes some time to come into full effect I think a week or two of daily driving.

Old 07-08-2008, 02:59 PM
TruckForum Addict

It takes a week or 2 of daily driving to have the computer adjust to the truck and the way you drive? I did not know that.
Also what is TQM? Is that what everyone refers to the engine retarding itself when you jump into it off the line?
Like my signature says: "still a work in progress."

Old 07-08-2008, 03:42 PM

I think it kicks in when you floor it and it down shfts or if you floor it to fast, pretty much when ever you are about to have fun.

Old 07-08-2008, 03:43 PM

Yep TM is GM's answer to building a tougher/stronger transmission. keep the same crappy transmission and limit the trucks power to keep it from blowing it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!
anyways, TM keeps you from doing burnouts and hesitates between shifts, and basically keeps the truck depowered from abusing the drivetrain. the predator is the only handheld that can reduce it and most custom tunes can reduce or eliminate them as well.

the hypertech you have wont do anything to reduce it. by the way how do you like it? ive owned both the PP3 and the max energy and was really disappointed in them both.

anyways the custom pcm is sitting at home and still have 15mins before i can leave. its killingme

Old 07-08-2008, 04:50 PM
TruckForum Addict

The Hypertech programmer is okay. I just play with it. I use it this way. When I first got it my truck was bone stock. According to my buddies G-tech the Hypertech gave me5 more horses average after making 3 runs with and without it.When I do amodification Ideprogram it and see ifthe mod makes a difference and then after a week or a month I program it. Normally after I deprogram my truck is when I notice a difference. It seems to lack a little bit of go. However after I got on this forum and did some of the free mods... aka the throttle bypass I do not feel as though the Hypertechwas as noticeable as it was before. So right now my truck is deprogrammed and my newest mod is the descreened MAF. I willprogram it probably this week some times.
I gopt a hell of adeal on my programmer new... well I thought I did at the time. Now I wish I just would have waited till I got on the forum here and read.Either Nelson or Wheatly is here in Houstonsomewhere near me. In my opinion it would have been worth my time just to take a trip over that away.... But I still have my programmer and it is updated too. Biggest advantage though is I can go back to stock when I need to take my truck in for warranty work...

Old 07-08-2008, 07:09 PM

anyways just put the tuned pcm in. didnt have to do thepass lock relearn nor is it throwing a crankshaft relearn code yet (crossing fingers). went down the road about 10 miles or so and so far, still not super impressed, the truck does feel a little better but i did only get the 87 octane tune. plus ive been told it might take a few days to a week for everything to get together and work really good. i think i might have had my hopes up to much for such a heavy vehicle. from a stand still the truck is still a dog but once she gets going its a lot better. im going to give it a few days and see if it gets better. im going to make sure they decreased the TM by 75% and not to 75%. plus make sure he tuned it pretty aggressivley. i also know that the 3.42 gears are killing me just dont have the money to do anything about it right now. would def. recommend them over handhelds though.

i will keep you informed as i go along.

Quick Reply: Bit the Bullet