Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Blower Motor Problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 08:56 AM
General Truck/Classifieds Forum Moderator
Default Blower Motor Problems

I turned on my blower motor the other day and noticed that in position 3(almost high) the blower motor does not work...but it does work in all other positions...is this a motor problem or a relay problem......ideas?

Old 03-05-2009, 09:04 AM

It's a resistor problem. Just go to your local auto parts store and tell them your problem. They'll get you hooked up. Easy fix.

I say easy fix, and it is, yet my position 1 hasn't worked for 3 or 4 years. Damn I'm lazy! lol

Old 03-05-2009, 10:12 AM

yeah my 1 and 2 fan settings have never worked. so i either get cold or end up frying.bfg112 can you go into more detail about this fix.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:24 AM

Well, I've never done it myself. I stood there and drank a beer while my buddy changed his. It only took about one beer to get it done. I can find out some specifics from him and post here.

Old 03-05-2009, 04:05 PM

SO how fast do you drink your beer??????

Old 03-05-2009, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by chrisbmo2000
SO how fast do you drink your beer??????
I refuse to honor that question with an answer.

Old 03-05-2009, 06:03 PM

its not how fast you drink,its do you look fast drinkin.

Old 03-05-2009, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by bfg112
I refuse to honor that question with an answer.
WELL that answers That question ......but really the resistor is by the blower motor right?

Old 03-06-2009, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by chrisbmo2000
WELL that answers That question ......but really the resistor is by the blower motor right?
Should be able to see it behind the glove box.

Old 03-06-2009, 12:07 PM

It's not the blower motor or the resister that I have been able to figure out. It has been my switch the whole time for me. I have bought a new switch twice and repaired it twice myself. It is a stupid little plastic housing with two brass like plates with the connector. The Plastic switch can be replaced then it will work for a little bit then it get's too hot and then it just melts the brass contact plate down far enough so that it doesn't hit the main plate. That is what the problem was with mine. I would amagine that that is the same problem as your trucks blower motor.

Now if you guys know that already then I am sorry for speaking out of turn, I will not do it again. I am a bad boy. Sorry!

All joking aside, if there is something that is making the switch too hot and that is in turn the actual problem I would love to hear about it! But I have fixed the switch multiple times and that fix's it for a while. I am just trying to figure out a permanent fix for this problem.

Let me know what you gentlemen figure out.

Take it easy, if you can't, then take it however you need to. In the end, make sure that you get it and don't give it back. Once you figure out what it is, keep it and enjoy it, you may not be able to enjoy it much longer this day in age!

That is about all of that I will be able to give. I am not one that does that all the time, I just had back surgery and I am still on the meds. SO, pardon me if it gets a little wierd in my posts, or if there are spelling errors. I am not thinking quit as clear as I am normally.

So sorry about the long post! I am done now. I promise.

Quick Reply: Blower Motor Problems