Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Body lift or Aftermarket radio and speakers

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 03:10 PM
TruckForum Addict
Default Body lift or Aftermarket radio and speakers

Okay i am going to get either one for christmas. Which should i go for a 3 inch body lift or an aftermarket head unit and 4 new speakers for the doors? Thanks

Old 11-26-2007, 03:28 PM
Default RE: Body lift or Aftermarket radio and speakers

I would personaly go for the speakers and new head unit. but i like to listen to loud music. But then agian itwould befun to drive around way above the rest of the traffic. So the lift would be nice to. But i still like the new head unit and speakers.

Old 11-26-2007, 05:04 PM

Out of those choices, radio and speakers. I personally don't like body lifts. And being able to get a 3" front, 1" rear for $275 is a better way to go. By the time you get the body lift and bumper relocaters you are close to the same price.

Old 11-26-2007, 05:24 PM

Even though i wouldn't personally do it on my truck now, even though i have in the past, i had my Jeep CJ's and my '89 GMC Sportside lifted. I love the looks of a lifted truck with maybe like 35's under it. I'm not sure if 33's would be much of a difference other than width. I guess i'm not really knowledgeable either on lifting the newer trucks. My '89 GMC had a 3" Bodylift with i believe 34's, or 33's. Then you used to run into problems with the manual 4x4, shifting lever, being shorter, because of the extra 3 inches of lift, unless they now have a way of remedying that small problem.But my opinion would be LIFT THAT BABY, and throw some nice tires under it, like 35's.

Old 11-26-2007, 05:33 PM
TruckForum Addict

Smoke i agree with you on the body lift to a point. On the older body style the they dont look as good as the new body style like we have now. But i also dont know how it would look with the exhuast out the back and a 3 inch body lift. But i like that i can get a 3 inch body lift and do it my self. I dont know which route to go. is the kit that you are talking about easy to install or what? Thanks

Old 11-26-2007, 07:57 PM

Yeah it is. Just torion keys, shock bracket, and lift blocks in the back. You could easily do it.

Old 11-26-2007, 09:55 PM

I would not do the body lift for a couple of reasons. First off, I would get the stereo stuff now and save money for a suspension lift. When you do the body lift, you have gaps everywhere that you can see, which doesn't look good at all. Plus you have to relocate your bumpers. Also after you do the body lift it squeaks really bad. But then again this is just my opinion, and opinions are like ********, everyone has one and they all stink. THe choice is really up to you but again I would just do the stereo now and save for a good suspension lift and wheels and tires.

Old 11-26-2007, 11:11 PM

yeah i'd go with the speakers since you'd have to re-do your tips on your exhaust, i knowa couple people that didn't move the tips and it looked messed up with them dangling down three inches

Old 11-27-2007, 12:29 AM

The way your truck looks now a suspension lift and tires etc... would look great. But if thats out of the picture you can't go wrong with a new sound system.

Old 11-27-2007, 12:33 AM

Go with a new sound system, I dont like the look of a body lift. Save up your money and get a good lift kit with nice wheels and tires.
[align=left] [/align]

Quick Reply: Body lift or Aftermarket radio and speakers