Truck Forums

Truck Forums (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/)
-   Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/)
-   -   BOYCOTT THESE BASTARDS!!! (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/boycott-these-bastards-3004/)

MrLM7 04-13-2007 12:43 AM

BOYCOTT THESE BASTARDS!!!

RPM Outlet isa friggin' joke. I ordered a set of headers and a throttle body spacerfor$431.00for my friend's 2003 F150 on Monday, the 2nd of April. They said it would be coming from Houston, TX, (about 2 hours from me), so it would be on my front porch byThursday, the 5th.The next Monday, A WEEK LATER, I called them back and asked what the status of my order was, as the UPS trackerthey provided on the website was unable to locate my package. They said they "must have had tobackorder a part", even though they told me they had both of the parts in stock at the time I placed my order. I called back a couple of days later, and they told me the parttill had to be ordered fromthe manufacturer and it would be in by the end of the week.I told them that was bull**** and demanded they refund the money back into my account. Theyagreed and said my money would be back in my account in 3-5 days. I'll believe that whenI see it... Anybody want to take a road trip toHouston???

Moral of the story, ALWAYS BUY FROM SUMMIT OR JEG'S!!!

Giffer 04-13-2007 02:57 AM

RE: BOYCOTT THESE BASTARDS!!!

well that sucks. summits always good. and about that road trip, im more then willing to go. as long as someone else pays for gas. lol

Argon 04-13-2007 07:54 AM

I'm near Houston...where r u?..we can kick their ass!

hunt4game29 04-13-2007 11:15 AM

Hey im in oklahoma city im about 8 hours away i need a good road trip. Lets go:D

benpfeil 04-13-2007 12:30 PM

I kinda had an experience with 4 wheel online.com. I bought my volant from there cause it was cheap and they offer free shipping. This was on a monday. I called and had it 3 day'd cause they assured me I would have it by Friday. Well I didn't get it till the next Tuesday and they would only credit me $10 of the $35 that I paid extra. And it took a week before the $10 was even applied. I guess we just need to be careful

hunt4game29 04-13-2007 12:43 PM

I say we just boycott them all and start are own store straight from the source!

03TEXASEDITION 04-13-2007 01:01 PM

Damn I'm in Bryan/College Station,Tx. I didn't know we were so close to each other. Someone should throw up an idea say for like a track meet or something. Just a thought. Oh and to the matresses! On the Boycott Idea!!!!

benpfeil 04-13-2007 01:27 PM

Start our own store? Then we'll just be pissed at each other

hunt4game29 04-13-2007 02:32 PM

True True.

Regal105 04-13-2007 02:36 PM

we can name the store.......you know what i'm gonna say......bowtie truck parts inc....

BigTexasChevy 04-13-2007 03:13 PM

well i need an excuse to com e back home to texas...so lets rip their ass apart!! damn, there are some of those companies out there!! liars only their for the money ya know!

SC_Chevy_Lover 04-13-2007 03:33 PM

I've had similar encounters with online companies and it does suck!! It seems as though they are only interested in money and a lot of them have forgot that the customer is always right!

MrLM7 04-13-2007 09:35 PM

Yup. Good idea on the track meet thing... There is a kick-ass track here just north of Shreveport. It's called RED RIVER RACEWAY. Hooks like a mofo.

Nate81camaro 04-14-2007 02:39 AM

ORIGINAL: SC_Chevy_Lover

I've had similar encounters with online companies and it does suck!! It seems as though they are only interested in money and a lot of them have forgot that the customer is always right!
With alot of companies nowadays, it's almost like the whole "the customer is always right" frame of mind is nearing extinction.

smoke20 04-15-2007 11:35 AM

Performancecenter.com is another good site. I have used them several times and no issue. They also seem to know what they are talking about.

SC_Chevy_Lover 04-15-2007 01:36 PM

I agree that performancecenter.com is a good site. The only problem I have with them is timeliness of shipping their products. I ordered some JBA plug wires last week and on the my account section it said expected shipping date to be 11Apr07. Well, yesterday the date all of a sudden changed to 22Apr07!

Another problem I had is them sending me the wrong part. I ordered a hypertech 160 thermostat and when I "finally" received it, it was for a LS2 engine. I don'tknow how in the hell you can get 5.3L and LS2 mixedup, but they did. However, when I called them they werevery friendly and refunded my money.Overall great site, just a couple of knots to work out.

Bowtie 04-15-2007 03:55 PM

Well, well, well. A friend of mine told me about this post but it's too good to be true.I just hadto come back one more timeto express my condolences. Somebody got screwed by a company who gives not a crap about their customers and all my new friends are in on the post.

Let me first say I am sorry to hear about anyone getting shafted because it happens way too much these days. You guys think it's OK if it happens to someone else but it's a different story when it happens to you. That said, let me add that I think your story is full of ****, you caused it to happen and you were not smart enough to see it coming and now your cryin' and whinin'.

That felt real good.

Regal105 04-15-2007 05:00 PM

tell the truth bowtie, you were watching this allllllll allong and just couldn't resist posting a comment

popo 04-16-2007 01:31 AM

It doesn't really apply to your story anyway. You let yourself get screwed and boycotted a company that has a great reputation. The biggest difference however is that we don't agree with your boycott of a great AMERICAN company.

So back to the toyotas with you. And thank you for giving us close to 500 posts about you and your turncoat self. You really stirred up the bees nest when you got your sex change.

BigTexasChevy 04-16-2007 01:38 AM

well ill be damned in the depths of hell!! it hoetie!! welcome back!! ....you know its good to see you post, only because you remind me of Arnie on 'Whats Eating Gilbert Grape" your dumb and you just cant help it! thanks for making my day!

smoke20 04-16-2007 11:22 PM

That will be another $500 from each of you. Like I said he will be back again and again. Bowtie we missed you, and I think bigchevy has a thing for you, he just can't admit it. He does have the pink poodle now, no you two can get together.

Bowtie 04-16-2007 11:57 PM

Yeah, Regal - you're right, I've been here all along. It's a fulltime job just checking the spelling on this forum.
Poopoo, I'm not boycotting a great American company, I'm boycotting what USED to be a great American company. All those new Tundras they're selling are full of ex-GM & Ford customers tired of getting screwed. Two of my buddies are looking at Tundras now after seeing mine. Should be lots of used Chevy's on the lots by now.
You guys are like a bunch of kids - as soon as you start losing you go to name calling. OK, I'll play - I didn't get a sex change operation, Poopoo, so you can't have me. You'll just have to go back to child molesting now. BTC, glad I could make your day. As soon as your tutoring gets you up to Forest Gump level, you'll be able to grown up movies too.
Hey, you guys might be on to something - this is kinda fun!

smoke20 04-17-2007 12:00 AM

Hey bowtie, good to see you, by the way, check your grammer, your second to last sentence makes no sense. Just trying to help.

SC_Chevy_Lover 04-17-2007 12:02 AM

Bowtie, what year Toyota did you end up getting?

Bowtie 04-17-2007 12:17 AM

Wow, Smoke, you are right! My work here really is done now - you guys are making real words and even checking the work of others!Just my little contribution to make truckforums a liitle more readable. Now if someone could just come along and teach you guys how to be hospitable to newcomers, this Silverado forum might just grow to more than you 5 members.

Now, if you would be so kind as to tell me how to delete Bowtie's profile, I'll leave you 5 geniuses to yourselves.

smoke20 04-17-2007 12:25 AM

Thanks for your help, we really needed it. And please don't leave, we were just razzing you. We really appreciate your input, it help sus make GM better. And as far as being hospitable, yeah we suck at that. Just please make sure you get the extended warantee on your next truck.

Bowtie 04-17-2007 12:48 AM

Why Smoke, you've got me all confused now. On one post you say you want to ban me and on another, you want me to stay. I just don't know what to do now.

I'll have to think about the extended warranty on my new truck but I already feel ahead of the game. I've had it one week already and I haven't had to take it back to the dealer to get the blown fan switch replaced or to find out why the wind shield whistles on the highway. None of my radio stations are all static all the time.When I back out of my driveway, I don't hear that familiar KLUNK when I drop it in R.

No, this is definitly NOT like my last truck - I think it was a red one, wasn't it? Now, how about banning me and deleting my profile so you don't have to listen to me anymore?

smoke20 04-17-2007 01:03 AM

Hey guy, just trying a little courtesy. I just want to give you a chance to speak your point so we can discuss your issues.