Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

????? Bumpy Rrrriiiidddeee????????

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 05:58 PM

A 1500 hd is basically a 3/4 ton truck which is a truck designed to pull heavy and haul heavy stuff. It was never designed to have a comfortable ride. I don't know why you would by a 3/4 ton truck and not haul to tow anything, buy a car or suv if you need a smooth ride.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:04 PM

Speakin of 3/4 ton. The rear end of my truck sets a little higher than a 3/4 ton. And it seems like it is able to hold more than my dad's half ton. Do you think maybe the previous owner might have done something like change out the leaf springs?

Old 04-08-2009, 08:00 PM

Any blocks on top or the axle? Taller shackles? Any more than 5 leafs?

Old 04-08-2009, 08:06 PM

Idk, I'll have to check when the bright round thing gets back in the sky.

Old 04-16-2009, 11:51 AM
Beginner

Adampgasser, WOW, very impressive! Thanks for the Truck 101 information. What would we do without you. I never said I dont tow anything with my truck. I actually tow quite often and haul things even more than that. Unlike you, I was just widening my imagination and trying to get the best of both worlds. You should try it sometime. I know the air systems are out there, I was just simply asking if anybody had any info on their experience with them.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by DeeDog55
My 03 Silverado 1500HD 4WD crew cab is a awesome truck. The only problem that drives me nuts is the rear of the truck bouncing around when I drive around on our local freeways. I dont tow around anything heavy so I even removed the heavy duty load leaf spring on each side of the rear end thinking that without that leaf the bouncing would be reduced. But, it still bounces. I was thinking about installing some type of air suspension on the rear end. Any recomendations would be great.

I have the same problem on the concrete sections of the highways around here. There are sections of US-285 in Conifer, CO. that make my K2500 bounce so bad I have to slow way down to avoid whiplash! Another bad stretch is I-25 around Longmont, CO. My nephew always said it made his eyes go blurry! When I'm towing my racecar or have a heavy load it's hardly noticeable.