Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

A/C is stankin!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 12:32 PM
Default RE: A/C is stankin!

You should be able to get to the coil and the heater coil in the cab. even if you have to totaly take them out. They HAVE to be able to remove, I would amagin!I would look at a repair manual and see what it says for removal and replacement. Good luck with the stink Charger.

-I would just turn the fan on high on the cold side and spray some Lysol or oust germ killer and see what happens!

Old 06-02-2008, 12:42 PM

im having the same problem right now charger
i will take a look inside the cab and try and clean the coil... i will let you know what i find.. most likely going to takle this on wednesday!

good luck if you beat me to it!

Old 06-02-2008, 05:35 PM
TruckForum Addict

Hehehe... My day off is wednesday so I thought about doing it then too. We'll see. I'm gonna try to find the grill Steve was talking about and see about spraying something through it before I go taking a buncha crap apart. I think my truck may have a little 02 Sierra in it too though cause I was told it doesn't have a fuel filter cause supposedly 03 and up they made them unserviceable but mine does have one so we'll see... maybe I'll get lucky and it has a pollen filter I can replace.

Old 06-03-2008, 05:59 AM

the grille by the windshield wipers..where the air comes in

Old 06-03-2008, 07:33 AM
TruckForum Addict

Aaahhhh....... okay that's simple enough.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:14 PM

I hope spraying some bleach type material into your ac unit solves your stink problem.

However, I tried that and numerous other friday night tricks, but nothing worked.

It took the installation of the odor kit to full stop the smell.

I have a 2000 model obs and gm had been making that body style since 1988.You would have thought they would have had the stink problem solved by 2000.

Let us know what you find that works.

one guy mentioned a circuit that could be adjusted toallow the fan toblow on high for a shorttime to dry the coils.

If your truck can be modified to have that circuitoperate, it would do the same thing as theodor kit does on my truck.

Believe me you will do something about this problem, because it will get worst, it got so bad in my truck thatI almost could not drive the truck and no one else would ride in the truck and my buddy's are hard core rednecks.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:19 PM
TruckForum Addict

ROFL! That's gross man.[:'(]