Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

CD player to radio harness question

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 07:00 PM
Default CD player to radio harness question

Hi all, new member here, Just want to say this is a great forum, and Ive already found answers to alot of my questions here.
My latest conundrum is this: My '95 2500 came with just the tapedeck/radio from the fsctory and where the single CD player would be was just the cubyhole type storage area. I recentlygot a new factory radio (the lights on mine were blown, and the tape deck didnt work) and the single CD unit for the factory location.
My question is this: I know there is a male/male harness with about 6-8 wires that connects the head unit to the CD player and I was told that even if my truck didnt have the CD player from the factory, it would be tucked somewhere in the dash.
I cannot find it.
Is this just bad information, and if so, does anyone know what the part # for this harness is, or where I can find one because Chevy has told me that this part is no longer available, and the few radio shops I have been to want to chop up my factory harness (NOT HAPPENING).
Any help is appreciated, and thanks in advance. You guys are great!
Matt