Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Chevy Eagle Bobtail Tractor

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 07:18 PM
Beginner
Default Chevy Eagle Bobtail Tractor

The place where I work has a Chevy Eagle Bobtail tractor that they sometimes use for heavy towing. I've been working there for a few years now, and have many fond memories surrounding this truck, however, I have at least as many questions.

1. How much is a truck like this worth?
2. How hard is it to get a truck like this (I would absolutely love to get one of my own)
3. Are they any good off road?
4. Are they street legal?

Question 3: Obviously a truck like this is going to have some pretty decent off road qualities, but due to the obscenely low gearing, how fun are they?

Question 4: Every now and then, I have to take the truck out on the road, but its never been more than a few miles from home. The other day, I was on my way back to work, and it ran out of fuel on me. While waiting for them to bring me a can (blocking a lane of traffic), a cop passed, but didn't bother to stop and chew me out making me think he didn't see anything wrong with it being on the road. The truck has turn signals, headlights, brake lights, etc, so other than possibly the low top speed, I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't be street legal, but that's why I'm asking.

Photos of my employer's Bobtail: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mig3/se...7623943719811/

If you've got a Bobtail, post some pics, I'd love to see 'em.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:15 PM
Administrator

Ya know, I've never heard of one of these, and I can't get the pictures to work. Could you post some different pictures? I'm curious now

Old 05-18-2011, 11:19 PM
TruckForum Addict
Default upload some pictures

please please please upload some pictures i am curious as to what one of them is also what year