Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Control Arm help...

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 03:59 AM
Default Control Arm help...

i have a 2003 2500hd ext. cab 6.0l and i was wondering if anyone know where i can get some aftermarket or new control arms. my ball joints just went out and my control arms are starting to get that rust look so i want to get new ones along with new ball joints. im plannin on gettin the whole front end done. as too new control arms, ball joints, control arm poly. bushings, sway bar poly bushing, sway bar poly link kits. any siggestions would help thanks

Old 10-18-2008, 08:17 AM
Beginner
Default RE: Control Arm help...

Wouldnt you be better off putting in new Moog ball joints, Energy Suspension or Prothane control arm bushings (urethane is better than rubber) as well as some Urethane sway bar and endlink bushings? You'll spend less than $200 that route if you can live with some surface rust on the control arms. If you replace the control arms because of some surface rust, you're going to be really ticked in a year when your new ones look exactly the same way. Granted without photos I dont know how rusted they are, but I can imagine they're bad enough to replace. Could always have them blasted and painted while its tore down to put the bushings in.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:59 PM

yeah i was thinking bout that maybe ill check how much it will cost to blast them. moog ball joints? are those a brand? yeah thats wat im plannin on doin. gettin polyurthane bushings its like 290 for the control arms, sway bar bushings, sway bar links, and chassis. thanks for your input though

Old 10-20-2008, 03:23 PM
Beginner

Moog is the brand. We've had good luck with those and the Falcon Steering (half the price) ball joints. Control arm bushings are only about $60 for a set of Energy Suspension, the sway bar bushings you can use the greasable universal ones that are $16 for the pair, and the endlink bushings are only about $6 for the full set.