Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Diablo Sports Predator Tune

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Default RE: Diablo Sports Predator Tune

so how does this work? do you just plug it into your computer, or is it a new computer? if it just plugs in i may go with one of these instead of the custom tune
You just plug the Predator into your computer plug under the dash and it gives you step by step instructions on what to do.. pretty painless.. Like I said, took me about 5 mins to install the 87 Octane tune.. went without a hitch..

Old 09-05-2007, 08:02 PM

Did it really remove that WOT lag that you get when you go to stomp on it at certaint speeds/rpms cause thats ****ing annoying... Ive been waiting to see what I would do either custom tune or buy a tuner such as the Diablo or the Jet chips tuner where you can connect to your pc but you have to know a thing or two about fuel delivery so that would be really interesting for me. >.< Do you feel like your 0-60 time has improved persay .3-.5 seconds or almost a second?

Old 09-05-2007, 09:49 PM

once you tune your truck, do you have to leave it hooked up to it? or could you tune another truck the same year as yours?

Old 09-05-2007, 11:24 PM

I'm not much for gunning my engine for speed, since I do that at work almost every night, but I know it's alot faster than before..You can definately feel it off the line and the gears are a bit more tighter. I turned off my overdrive for towing and I can definately feel the difference in shifting there as well..

Once you upload the Tune in, you take the predator out and you cannot use it for another truck after you have done yours.. It's married to your VIN number and they have rules about using it on another truck.. i think you have to prove that you sold your unit, something like that..

Old 09-06-2007, 02:49 AM

I actually love my diablo, I don't feel it removes torque management completely. However I am not sure I would know what that feels like. I am trying to get hooked up to a Custom CMR dealer to write me a custom tune to reflect all the mods I have done. That is one real nice thing about the diablo for sure. They just write it and upload it to ur tuner and ur set.

Old 09-06-2007, 08:49 AM

Negatory on the WOT with mine too but I can get em loose with the 91+ tune.

Old 09-06-2007, 12:44 PM

The Diablo tuner sounds nice ...A lot of options that Superchips doesn't offer. I bet if you call Diablo for some assistance, someone actually answers the phone, or calls you back.

Old 09-16-2007, 10:21 PM

I reset my computer back to default factory settings and then installed the 93 Octane Tune to see if there was any difference...

My truck is on Steroids now..My MPG's will probably suffer because I can't stop gunning it.

Gonna check out the Modify Tune Option later tomorrow to see what's on it.. I want to see if I can take off the speed limiter for GP's..

Old 09-17-2007, 08:02 PM

I was reading something in a book I bought on LS-1 engine performance. It said to be particularly careful with turning off torque management, because it can really screw up or shorten the life of your transmission. Just a thought.

Old 09-17-2007, 08:28 PM

I think if you take it all out you can probably do alot of damage. Wheatley said that taking out 65% would be plenty safe, so as long as your leave some in I think you should be OK. I have read this in other places as well. Also firming up your shifts should increase tranny life as you aredecreasing the slipping that is programmed in from the factory for smooth shifts.

Quick Reply: Diablo Sports Predator Tune