Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

DiabloSport?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 09:47 PM
Default DiabloSport?

Has anyone ever used the DiabloSport U7193 Programmer? Or heard of anyone ever using it? Its a gas engine programmer for 03-05 Chevy Trucks.

Old 07-11-2009, 11:25 AM

it is the better of the handhelds but still nothing to write home about.

best option is a custom tune by blackbear performance.

Old 07-11-2009, 10:18 PM
TruckForum Addict

I have the Superchips Flashpaq programmer and it is cool.

Old 07-12-2009, 09:52 AM

I am not sure how much more power the custom tunes from blackbear give you but if it is over 20 hp and 24 lbs of tq I would consider that. The Diablo I hear is very good. As for the guys that tell you that the hypertech max energy is crap that may be in their experience. But I have dyno'd my truck with it and without it; seeing 20 hp more to the wheels and 24 lbs of tq with it in.

I do hear alot of negative comments regarding hypertech, but in my experience, I am glad I bought it. It works for me.

Old 07-12-2009, 02:37 PM

Yeah apparently its supposed to be the best for gas engines. And says something on the website about how you can use it for custom tuning? Not sure how or anything but you can take it to one of their dealers and custom tune it to how your truck drives. Not to sure...anyone know anything?

Old 07-12-2009, 02:54 PM
Toyota, Nissan, and Other Truck Forum Moderator

Hypertech= $350 average. If you have a laptop or access to one, $600 and you can get the hardware and software to tune your truck to ur own liking whenever you want however you want. Check out EFILive.com. You could also tune others. $100 for VIN slot and charge whatever you want for doin it. Eventually pay for it self. Very easy to learn the tables and numbers. So many combos to make. You can use their website to make your own tune and then download the tune to ur computer and all you gotta do install in ur truck. Simple!!

Last edited by RUFFNECK4LYFE; 07-12-2009 at 02:56 PM.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:54 PM
TruckForum Addict

Simple? I have heard some people say it is simple and others say it is hard. I guess it is how computer savy you are...

Old 07-13-2009, 07:18 AM

Hypertech is crap because it addresses nothing that affects the performance of these trucks: as in TORQUE MANAGEMENT & ABUSE MODE. i have owned both the PP3 and the Max energy and they were a waste of money.

the Diablo is the best handheld there is but for the money you can get a custom tune cheaper and get a little more out of it. diablo $375, blackbear $200.

Old 07-13-2009, 05:42 PM
Toyota, Nissan, and Other Truck Forum Moderator

Yeah doin your own tune will take some practicing and a lot of reading but once you understand it a little then it opens more doors. As far as handhelds, different strokes for different folks. But what you wanna look for is dyno results in real time. But that also depends on where it was dynoed and the elevation and barometric pressure. All those have an affect on how these motors put out. So its very hard to find an average.

Old 07-15-2009, 12:05 PM

I agree with RUFFNECK4LYFE on the issue, if you are going to get a tuner and tune your truck more than once. It is definetly worth it.
But if you are going to tune your truck once and are happy with the stock tune then a programmer will add a little pep to your truck. Some may call that big gains, and better fuel mileage.

I call it a waste of money, you will still get used to the tune that little programmer will do for your truck. PLUS when you add things like headers and cat back exhuast and and intake, or throttle bodys and spacers and bigger injectors and a cam you will not be able to adjust your truck to get the most out of it. I could go on!
All of these things are common upgrades. So what do want your truck to do?? That is the question that you need to ask yourself.

On a side note, I think the EFIlive can also change torque converter lockups and shift firmness and shift points too. I think??

If I was going to do the upgrades to my truck I had planned for when I bought the thing I would have gotten EFIlive a long time ago. And I hait computors!!!

If you drag race or sled pull, then this is the way to go. Just go down to the local drag strip on a "Test and Tune" night and you will see the majority of people plugging away on a computor between runs. Not under the hood turning distributors and adjusting carbs.

The stone age is over I am sad to say.

Quick Reply: DiabloSport?