Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Disabling door locks

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 08:27 AM
Default Disabling door locks

I have a 2004 Chevy Silverado that had a stock stereo in it. With the stock stereo, I had disabled the door locks.

Since then, I have replaced the stereo with an aftermarket and have conducted maintenance on the truck. In doing this, I have disconnected the battery which reset the computer and now my locks are reengaged.

Without the stock radio...how can I disable the auto door lock feature with my aftermarket stereo?

Any assistance or back door procedures would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

Old 10-04-2011, 06:14 PM

Try this??

Programmable Locking Feature
The following is the list of available programming options:

Mode 1: All doors lock when the transmission is shifted into gear. This is the mode that is pre-programmed in the factory for your vehicle for automatic transmission vehicles.
Mode 2: All doors lock when the vehicle speed is greater than 8 mph (13 km/h). This is the mode that is pre-programmed in the factory for manual transmission vehicles.
Mode 3: No automatic door locking.

The following instructions tell you how to change the automatic door lock mode. Choose one of the three programming options listed above before entering the program mode. To enter the program mode, do the following:

1. Begin with the ignition off. Then pull the turn signal/multifunction lever toward you and hold it there while you perform the next step.

2. Turn the key to RUN then back to LOCK twice. Then, with the key in LOCK, release the turn signal/multifunction lever. Once you do this, the doors will lock and unlock, the horn will chirp twice, and a 30-second timer will begin. You are now ready to program the automatic door lock feature.

3. Press the door lock switch once. You will hear one, two, or three chimes. The number of chimes tells you which lock mode is currently selected. Continue to press the door lock switch until the number of chimes that you hear matches the number of the mode that you want. If you take longer than 30 seconds, the locks will automatically lock and unlock and the horn will chirp twice to indicate that you have left the program mode. If this occurs, you can repeat the procedure beginning with Step 1 to re-enter the programming mode.

You can exit the program mode any time by turning the ignition to RUN (the doors will automatically lock and unlock and the horn will chirp twice to indicate that you are leaving the program mode). If the lock/unlock switches are not pressed while in the programming mode, the current automatic settings will not be modified.

Programmable Unlocking Feature
The following is the list of available programming options:

Mode 1: Driver's door unlocks when the transmission is shifted into PARK (P), for automatic transmission vehicles only.
Mode 2: All doors unlock when the transmission is shifted into PARK (P), for automatic transmission vehicles only. This is the mode that is pre-programmed in the factory for your vehicle.
Mode 3: All doors unlock when the key is removed from the ignition This is the mode that is pre-programmed in the factory for manual transmission vehicles.
Mode 4: No automatic door unlock.

The following instructions tell you how to change the automatic door unlock mode. Choose one of the four programming options listed above before entering the program mode. To enter the program mode, do the following:

1. Begin with the ignition off. Then pull the turn signal/multifunction lever toward you and hold it there while you perform the next step.

2. Turn the key to RUN and LOCK twice. Then, with the key in LOCK, release the turn signal/multifunction lever. Once you do this, the doors will lock and unlock, the horn will chirp twice, and a 30-second timer will begin. You are now ready to program the automatic door unlock feature.

3. Press the door unlock switch once. You will hear one, two, three, or four chimes. The number of chimes tells you which unlock mode is currently selected. Continue to press the door unlock switch until the number of chimes that you hear matches the number of the mode that you want. If you take longer than 30 seconds, the locks will automatically lock and unlock and the horn will chirp twice to indicate that you have left the program mode. If this occurs, you can repeat the procedure beginning with Step 1 to re-enter the programming mode.

You can exit the program mode any time by turning the ignition to RUN. The doors will automatically lock and unlock and the horn will chirp twice to indicate that you are leaving the program mode. If the lock/unlock switches are not pressed while in the programming mode, the current automatic settings will not be modified.