Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

dual exhaust

Old 02-26-2007, 02:40 AM
Default dual exhaust

what kind of dual exhaust would any body reccomend for my 2003 silverado

Old 02-26-2007, 07:50 AM
TruckForum Addict
Default RE: dual exhaust

For sound, I'd say you cant beat Magnaflow. For performance and sound, get the Hooker longtube headers and Y-pipe for under $500. Then, dump your exhaust right after the cab, and before the muffler. It'll be a little louder, but the power is awesome.

Old 02-26-2007, 02:27 PM

appreciate that

Old 02-27-2007, 01:20 AM

MrLM7 - do you really like magnaflow better than flowmaster 40? The flowmaster seem to be the choice for more power and give great longivity. Also Hooker heaers seem to save a little cash initially, but in the long run they do not last. How long have you had them last?

Old 02-27-2007, 01:41 AM

I have to agree with you smoke, I love the flowmaster 40 series. I've had them on all of my Chevy truck's and they last along time. As far as quality, I think flowmaster and magnaflow are most likely tied, but I believe flowmaster sounds a hell of a lot better.

Old 02-27-2007, 04:12 AM

smoke and SC Chevy Lover....you guys got it all wrong...here man heres you a cheap easy way to do this...cut your mufflers off...then put dumps right behind the cats, it sounds awesome, almost like the ricers here in wyoming!! me and SC Chevy Lover are stationed together and race the Arctic Rice cars all the time here. lol on the real side, i say both exhaust are nice, it depends on what you want, just look around on streetfire.net, and listen to some of the trucks and go from there, you have some many options to choose from. but i am saying APC makes a nice big 5 inch can, SC Chevy Has 2 of them in front of each tire. it sounds nice...and makes me extremely jealous!

Old 02-27-2007, 04:13 AM

dont forget blue neon lights makes your exhaust temps go down about 80 degrees, i think anyways because the Arctic ricers here all have blue lights, and they all wanna race, so it has to be somthing to that effect!

Old 02-27-2007, 04:31 AM

ORIGINAL: BigTexasChevy
but i am saying APC makes a nice big 5 inch can, SC Chevy Has 2 of them in front of each tire. it sounds nice...and makes me extremely jealous!
Well kiss my grits! BigTexasChevy, you son of a bitch!! Let me tell you about this guy. He has his 07 Z-71 slammed with 48" spinners. Not to mention, he has purple undercarriage neon lights and fuzzy dice hanging from the rearview. Oh hell, I forgot the 6" chain steering wheel. I think what I'm most jealous of is his engine swap. Let me tell ya guys, when he took that 5.3L out and replaced it with the VTEC 4 banger, he could scream to 9,000rpm's!

I'm just pulling your chain, BigTexasChevy has abeautiful truck! I had to get him back for the fart can comment.

Old 02-27-2007, 03:22 PM

you guys are nuts but i do appreciate the comments i was leaning more towards the flowmasters i love the sound and thats what i had on my old truck my dad helped steer me away from others like the borla exhaust whick he has on his srt-10 viper powerd i dont really like the sound what do you guys think about the borla exhaust systems with the cats cut out all four

Old 02-27-2007, 05:27 PM

borla is nice man...like we were saying it is personal choice....borla sounds nice on the 5.3 though.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: dual exhaust