Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

E brake assembly 03 sierra??

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 06:15 AM
Default E brake assembly 03 sierra??

Can anyone have a (how to) document or pdf on the rear wheel assembly of the e brake. I am at a loss my ebrake has no pressure at all. And I would like to know more on the setup of this system.

Old 05-26-2009, 07:59 PM
Toyota, Nissan, and Other Truck Forum Moderator

I can tell you that it is non adjustable. The shoe for the E brake is on the driver's side and it sits inside the rotor on the back side. It looks like a ring. It is a little expensive but not very hard to replace. If you have done rear shoes on drum brakes, you can change out the shoe for your truck.

Old 05-31-2009, 09:13 AM
BD7
Default globalwin

The parking brake assembly is very easy to work on.there is a shoe on (Both)sides of the trucks rear brake system and they ARE adjustable.Simply remove your rear wheels,adjust out your intermediate parking barke cable adjuster(located along frame rail under drivers side of truck) remove the rear brake caliper/brackets(18mm socket)on back of backing plate,remove the clips on the wheel studs and then carefully remove the rotors.They should slide right off however if they are rusted on you might have to use a slidehammer in which case use caution as to not damage the rear brake rotors.There is a little adjuster/star wheel assembly that you can ratchet slowly with a screwdriver if all you need is some adjustment,however if you need new shoes,they should come with set up instructions and the adjustment proceedure which is really easy.I just did mine yesterday and the whole job took about an hour and my parking brake never worked this good before.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:53 PM

it's not that hard to work on, i would suggest when you put on new parking brake shoes go to a dealer for them it comes with new adjusters, shoes, the hole nine yards. i had that same problem. i did that, turned the inner drums,the rotors,and swapped rear end oil all in about and hour,hour and a half.